Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aldebrand
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Absolutely. And now that they don't have any answers they're actually starting to lock out threads! 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/OS-12-0-Multiple-apps-are-failing-on-12-0-0-af...

That's the one I've been following and since they don't have an answer they just prevented people from replying. I have a Phillips Roku TV so yeah, it has to be a Roku issue. And my TV is less than 6 months old. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hello @dropdx @thefix @Aldebrand 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device going back to the Home screen.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are experiencing, but we will need more information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Treychavers
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

UPDATE: So I don’t think it’s ANY ONE app/channel on Roku, but I think there’s still a software issue BUT

PLEASE try taking out the battery out of your controller when you press play! 
I think there’s an additional software issue between the controller and the Roku! It’s not 100% fix but it has less issues across multiple apps including turning off the tv or app!

0 Kudos
Treychavers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I suggested trying to removed the batteries from the remote while using an app. I say this because:

my tv would turn off every 10 min but the Roku would continue to play. Or the back button would be (functionally) pressed to go back a screen without me pressing it.

I’m suggesting an option and not end all solution but to play a program and take a battery out of the Roku remote. I think there’s a software potential issue with the Roku and the physical remote as well. You won’t know unless you try it. It has made a difference. 

0 Kudos
Aldebrand
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That sounds like you have some kind of interference issue or remote issue over the software problem everyone else is having. I use the Roku app and not the remote and still I'll have the same problem. 

Bobbie5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

Roku has not fixed the issue. I have a 2 month old Roku TV and it kicks me out of Prime vide, Apple Tv and Netflix. This should not be happening to so many people.  I even replaced the batteries in the remote thinking that may be the issue. 

sonys

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, this starts for last few weeks, it's really annoying, mine from Netflix, youtube and Amazon , if anyone know any solution. The above solution not makes any change

Jump to solution

I can’t believe so many people are having this exact same problem and all we get is those instructions that do not solve the problem. Mine started with Nexflix and now it seems like it’s Everything! Please fix this for goodness sakes Roku! 

Jump to solution
jetrep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have any Roku TVs.  However, I have recently been experiencing the same problem everyone else has been complaining about.  On multiple Roku devices and multiple TVs.  Noticed this beginning to happen within the past 1 or 2 months.  I have two Roku Ultra players and one Roku Streambar Pro.  It happens on every device.  The Roku Streambar Pro is connected to a 2015 model Samsung _UN60JS7000F.  The Roku Ultra is connected to a Samsung _UN43NU6950FXZA.  Another Roku Ultra is connected to a very old Visio 32" TV I have mounted in my garage.  Each Roku device is connected directly to my router (500mbps) via Cat 5e cable.  As noted in each of the discussions above I have removed and reinstalled individual channel Apps, did multiple factory resets, unplugged each device for 15 minutes or more.  Rebooted my router several times, unplugged the router for 15 min or more.  All with no success.  I now use the channel apps that I can select from the Samsung Smart TV and never have this problem.  The Visio is a much older TV therefore does not have the Smart capabilities, so I use the Roku.  I would agree and there is no doubt in my mind that this is a software issue from Roku in their updates.

0 Kudos