Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

My settings doesn’t have a “system” selection 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ScottC43102,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for getting in touch here if you're looking for the "System" option. When in Settings, just hit the up arrow button on your remote.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kokowu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I feel like issues began when the last major update. Keeps kicking me out off apps & straight to the Home Screen. Its also been glitchy. Just tried what you posted & so far its playing. My Roku tv has issues as well. Quality has changed & is severely lacking compared to when they first hit the market.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kokowu,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with the software version of your Roku device or TV by going to settings, system, and about? Does a simple restart fix the issue by going to settings, system, power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), and system restart?

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brian316

Jump to solution

Ok I just bought my roku express 2 days ago. I had the roku stick but while watching that the volume would jump super high and static by itself about 2 or more times a day. So I got a new express serial number SOKC3373XNXR MODEL NUMBER 396OX and since I connected it watching anything on any channel or time it will go back to the home screen usually in less time to watch a whole movie like a hour and a half I really would like a fix for this or I will trash it and get a fire Stix I don't want a fire Stix I like roku but 2 different unt

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brian316,

We appreciate you for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuJohnB to see if the issue persists?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Debby75

Jump to solution

This fix worked right away and was very simple. Thank you

0 Kudos
fyath1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I started having this same issue on many channels. I have a Phillips Roku TV

Issue ID 43-454-733

Model 8644X-Roku TV

Serial # YK00E1293843 (90V00E293843)  i can't tell if these are zero's or O's. no line through them

Software version 12.5.0

Build 4176-63

GC version 10.2.518

Timestamp 2023-11-12T18:53:39Z

I've updated, reset system and network, unplugged from wall etc. Nothing works.  Seems to be a Roku software glitch.  I even had my ISP do a software update etc on the modem and Wifi as well.  It happens while watching not at any particular time like a commercial. Sometimes the TV won't respond to the remote either and very sluggish. Put new batteries in it too.  I've manually done software updates many times, have uninstalled and reinstalled as well.  It just wants to keep going to home screen.  I get my streaming over wifi internet not a Roku box thing that plugs into TV.  When it was occasionally doing it, I thought it was doing a software update, but it clearly isn't that.  Sometimes picture freezes before going to home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about this experience, @fyath1.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took in an attempt to fix the issue.

To understand the cause of the issue, would you mind connecting this device to a mobile hotspot or any alternative network available just to check if there will be a difference with streaming?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fyath1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm way ahead of you, already tried that, didn't work. It has gotten unplugged twice a week due to a bad router that is on the same extension cord that had to be "hard reset" to get it to connect to internet.  So I would connect tv to building wifi to get internet to even stream.  It seems to correspond to the last update that made it terrible.  Before it wasn't as often but did happen.  Last night and today it was doing it during every program in an episode I was trying to watch.  Tried other programs and it didn't matter, different apps didn't matter either.  I did suggestions before posting, system reset etc. I was beginning to think the remote was possessed by the devil

0 Kudos