Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandylaney

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Has anyone gotten a solid answer that works from Roku as how to fix this problem with getting kicked out of streaming apps?? I get into maybe 30seconds to 3min into a movie mostly on prime and Netflix and Hulu and then boom back to home screen. Tryed over and over again the steps Roku keeps saying over and over again. And nothing works!! I pay for these **bleep** services and can't even watch them!! Pissing me off to no end!! 

agw1209

Jump to solution

I have done everything I can think of to help it. I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, I’ve tried wiggling the wires, I’ve deleted the app, reset and reinstalled, and done the same thing with system restart.  I’ve hit the small button on the back, I’ve done a system reset and a factory reset. It’s still kicking me out of apps and taking me back to the Home Screen. 

Jump to solution

Has anyone figured out what to do?  We have 6 Roku TV’s and if we watch Hulu and a few other apps it drops back to the Home Screen in 30 seconds or less. We have unplugged, deleted and reloaded apps, restarted TV’s, restarted modem/router and everything suggested to no avail. This has been going on since February. I feel like loading up all our TV’s and returning them! We are so tired of this!! #fixtheglitchroku 

Timandkelly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have also tried all suggestions. My son doesn't have this problem.  Maybe it the TV. Mine is a TCL bought at Best Buy a month ago.  The glitch started last week 

Come on Roku, you can do better

dropdx
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

This is clearly an issue with TCL and Roku, but they are avoiding actually figuring it out and finding a solution.

This is happening to me and it's super annoying. The uninstall, reboot, install that's being suggested doesn't work for anyone.

Disappointing that this issue just continues...

See this thread with people having this same issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/TV-keeps-exiting-app-and-going-back-to-home-sc...

Timandkelly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We cleaned out all un-used apps hoping that would help and we are having the issue across all our usable apps,  We were kicked out of YouTube, Rumble, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Paramount.

This is a Roku issue and they need to push out a fix for this issue. 

BJames
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi I had the same problem, I would fast forward through a commercial and when I hit start it would kick me out to the start screen.  It would happen multiple times until I turned the tv off and powered it back on.  While that solved the problem for a while, it would again kick me out after a few minutes.

It would also happen when watching a show or movie.  Without touching the Roku control device, it would kick me out while watching the show/movie.  I would have to go back to the app and restart the show or movie.  Last night it happened 4 times while watching a movie.

this happens on the 3 apps I use: YouTubeTV, Prime, and Netflix.

I have an LG 65" OLED TV

I had a new Roku Streaming 4K controller only 3 weeks old.

I have 2 old Roku streaming devices on other TVs in the house and have never had this problem.  Before I purchased the Streaming 4K on the OLED, I installed one of my old Roku's on the LG to see how well it worked for a couple of weeks and had none of the problems mentioned above.

0 Kudos
BJames
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just to give more info, I did a factory reset and it still happened on my LG OLED TV

mandy11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you ask Roku they will suggest you do the factory reset while standing on one leg and see if that solves it lol

Treychavers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has to be a Roku software issue: I have the Roku Express 4k+:

1st changed power to power brick not the tv. 
2nd fixed all setting and reset to factory settings
3rd actually replaced with new Roku. 
Still closes apps while watching: Netflix, PBS kids, Nick Jr., Disney, Max. 
AND when I Air Play, between 10-30 min it actually turns my entire TV off.  
P.S. all apps and device are completely updated and I did delete all apps and reinstall and re-login.  
HAS TO BE a Roku Software Bug. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.