Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cmulla4077

Issues streaming Netflix on my Roku

We too have had issues with our TCL and Netflix.  It'll load, but will become choppy and the pause then crash.  It is happening more often and the "soft" reset isn't doing the job anymore.  I've turned the TV completely off in order to reset it and that isn't helping anymore either... So we are out of suggestions for this issue as well.  It is very frustrating for sure.  Only happens on Netflix all other channels are not affected. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues streaming Netflix on my TCL Roku TV

Hi, @Cmulla4077

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to assist further. May we know what specific Roku device you are having issues with?  Also, how long have you been experiencing this issue occur?

In the meantime, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.