Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eclypse-4

Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

My serial number is YG00DK754145 UNDER SETTINGS, THE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF ROKU IS C3395D754145, WONT ACCEPT EITHER. So how do I get the free extender  text 5623551188, thanQ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

When reading the serial number, it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference between a 0 (zero) and O (capital letter). If you get that wrong it will reject the serial number. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Im trying to get an extender but roku website is not accepting my serial number

Jump to solution

Hi @Eclypse-4,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble getting the free HDMI extender into our website. No worries, help is here. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team and they're the ones that will reach you back.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Eclypse-4 look closely at the 3rd and 4th digits. Are they a zero or the letter O (maybe one of each)? The font used on the Roku screen might make it difficult to tell for certain, but the zero isn't as round looking as the letter O. 

Dan

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Eclypse-4-

• If you are able to use your Roku, Settings/System/About will verify, among other things, your Roku model, model number, and serial number.
  • You can also find the model and serial number of any devices linked to your Roku account by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com.  Scroll down to your list of linked devices, and click on the Roku of interest
  • What model is your Roku?  The free extender offer is only for Roku Streaming Stick products.  Ultra, Express, Premiere, etc are not eligible.
  • Also where are you located?  I seem to recall this offer is only for US residents.

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extender, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use a non-Roku HDMI extension cable several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick+ in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally or at a non-Roku online vendor and get one faster than waiting for Roku to process your order and ship it to you. Or use a female-to-female HDMI connector to connect your Roku Stick to a regular (non-extension) HDMI cord.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Eclypse-4, do you have an Express 3900 or 3910?  The cable would be absolutely pointless since you're already using a cable.  That's why your serial number isn't being accepted.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
aaciii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agree that the Roku website does not accept many serial numbers.   I have 5 of the latest Roku Stick 4K model (rev 2) - the website won't accept the serial numbers.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

When reading the serial number, it can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference between a 0 (zero) and O (capital letter). If you get that wrong it will reject the serial number. 

Dan

aaciii
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s not that.   The serials are cut-and-pasted directly from the Roku portal.  

0 Kudos