Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADP7
Reel Rookie

ITVX black screen after an advert break

I am also having the same issues where the screen goes black after the adverts on ITVX. It usually happens on the adverts mid way through the program or the last advert.

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ITVX black screen after an advert break

Hi @ADP7,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community, and welcome!

I see that you're seeing a playback issue when accessing the ITVX channel, and we'd like to assist.

To proceed, please tell us more about this.

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • What troubleshooting measures have you taken so far in trying to resolve this?

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mavison
Binge Watcher

HI, As others have reported, in the last couple of weeks my Roku Expres has started to do the same, black screen after an advert break on ITVX, needs to go right back to home screen and then back into ITVX. Typically, in a one hour program it always happens after the third (last) set of adverts. Details as requested above are :

Model : Roku Express 3920 EU - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial No : X01700H51YPL

Software : 12.5.5 Build 4174-CU

Device ID : S09241A51YPL

Network Signal Strength: Excellent, Internet 35MBbps

ITVX version:  3.11 build 1

I have tried removing ITVX, then restarting Roku, then adding ITVX again ... but it happened again afterwards!

This is becoming VERY annoying.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mavison,

Welcome to the Roku community!

We appreciate your additional report about this issue with the ITVX channel and your troubleshooting effort.

We'll take care of this information and forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

In the meantime, we'll also recommend getting in touch with the channel support team and reporting this. If an issue is isolated to a specific channel, this is likely an issue that can be rectified with the channel team with an update. Most of the channels on Roku are handled and maintained directly by the channel provider themselves.

You can contact them here: How can I contact the ITVX viewer support team? - ITVX Help

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mavison
Binge Watcher

@RokuERey I have reported to ITVX support.

<Edit>

They suggested router poweroff, Roku poweroff, and clear cache.

It all (as I expected) had no effect, as the problem recurred afterwards!

I await further suggestions from Roku or ITVX.

0 Kudos
ADP7
Reel Rookie

Hi. I have done as per others, ie deleted and reinstalled the app. Checked for software upgrades.

Here is the issue report tracker:

Model: 3820EU streaming stick 4K

Serial no: X01700HDN6GG (S09241DDN6GG)

Software version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-CU

GC version. 10.7.26

Timestamp: 2024-02-17T23:29:54Z

Issue ID: GG-069-089

I don't think this issue happens on my NOW TV stick.

0 Kudos
ADP7
Reel Rookie

My Itvx app installed on my tv works just fine so it just an issue on the roku stick. 

0 Kudos
Entwood
Reel Rookie

Hi all, as requested above this has been reported to ITVX, thanks for all the comments, it's nice to know it's not just me !!

Regards

E

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel does not switch back to video after ads

Hi Community users,

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing additional reports about this.

In this case, I'll take care of this information and forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have an update available, we'll make sure to keep this thread posted. Also, feel free to get back here and let us know how things turn out with the channel team.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Puppyspal
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel does not switch back to video after ads

I also have the same problem at the end of the last set of adverts in a one hour programme.