Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgranger1
Reel Rookie

I am having issues play spiderwick chronicles and I keep getting play back error

I have the Roku app on my fire stick and I have uninstalled it and installed it again. I have also changed my wifi connection. I have played other movies on the app and they play fine but when I play spiderwick chronicles I get play back error. Can anybody help me and explain how I can make it play 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am having issues play spiderwick chronicles and I keep getting play back error

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Mgranger1

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution so you can get back on streaming the movie.

Before proceeding, please provide us with what specific error messages were prompted. Also, you mentioned you've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. Have you tried rebooting your device in between? We need to ensure we've performed these steps precisely to work remove > reboot > reinstall.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mgranger1
Reel Rookie

Re: I am having issues play spiderwick chronicles and I keep getting play back error

I have rebooted my firestick and it's still saying unfortunately we were unable to play this content. Please try again later. I have changed my wifi reset it and even unplugged it for about ten mins and I'm still getting this message 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Mgranger1.

In this case, may we know on what location are you streaming this from? It may be possible that it is not available in your current location as this is only released free on The Roku Channel in the US.

We'll be looking forward to your confirmation. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the exact same issue! Amazon Fire Roku app. I’ve uninstalled the app, signed out / back in, reset my Fire stick, disconnected from WiFi. Nothing works. I’m located in USA (Oregon if that matters). This is apparently a unique issue to the Amazon Fire Roku app (?) as I have a Roku TV in the next room which will ply Spiderwick no problem   I can watch other shows on my Fire Roku, but not Spiderwick. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @JessJesinghaus!

Reporting the playback issues you are currently experiencing with the series Spiderwick Chronicles is highly appreciated. No worries! We're here to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution so you can continue streaming.

May we first know if this is the only series you are having issues with streaming? Are you able to stream other content on The Roku Channel on your Firestick device? Also, are there any error messages prompted?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

I’m having the same issues been trying to watch for two days. 

A playback error continues to pop up. I am in the usa and I’m able to stream other shows fine. I am unable to stream on my fire stick or roku tv 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @justwanttowatch!

Thanks for letting us know about being unable to stream this Spiderwick Chronicles series on The Roku Channel app through your Firestick device.

We are aware of this ongoing playback issue, and the appropriate Roku team is currently in the process of investigation to determine the cause. Once we've been notified of any updates, we'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are hihgly appreciated as we continue to work on this.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jhelming06

Same issue here.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jhelming06,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had. Could you please tell us where you are watching this movie or show? When did the issue start?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.