Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to stop my Roku device from overheating

Jump to solution

Hi @Stuardo1000,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the overheating issue and experience with unable to claim for free HDMI that's not what we aim for.

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email address or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe26
Reel Rookie

Re: How to stop my Roku Streaming Stick from overheating

Jump to solution

I tried to order a steaming stick extender but keep getting the message to try again later. Any advice?

Joe

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe26,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with claiming the free HDMI, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe26
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The serial number of my device is 22501C742420.

Joe

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe26,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I can't find the FREE HDMI extender on the Roku.com website????

Can you assist me?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mary_lil_fethr

We're here to help!

You can try claiming a free HDMI extender here: Roku | HDMI extender. Furthermore, please be advised that when inputting the serial number in the form, we suggest making sure to put zeros instead of the letter O. Please note as well that the numbers at the back of your Roku stick are referred to as the Device ID.  To know your device's exact serial number, navigate to Settings > System > About.

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaytizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have followed these instructions to order the HDMI extender but it says my serial number is incorrect…?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Jaytizzle

Thanks for the post.

Try the suggestion I posted above. If the issue persisted after that, please reply here with the device ID of your Roku stick. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaytizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I followed your instructions but it thought my serial number was incorrect. 

Device ID is 213087605924

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.