Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: 3 month old roku express plus 4k

Jump to solution

Hey @bmf1015

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are getting the 'Insufficient Power' error message and have tried the troubleshooting steps available in the provided Support link above, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokooMistakeBuy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is nothing but a bunch of rubbish.  I’ve used this Roku stick for 16 months in the same USB port and NOW there’s insufficient power, out of nowhere. Why don’t you just admit that you want people to have to buy new ones. This thing should last a lot longer that 16 months. Why can’t you just be honest. I just tried to use the walk plug instead and the same thing is happening. Convenient that it’s out of warranty. Looks like I’ll be getting a Fire Stick. Junk. 

Troyster
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My error messages started after a week or so.  I finally fixed one TV...with an Amazon Firestick.  The silence from ROKU on this issue is deafening.

Bdahlia1

Re: Roku express power warning

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. We have it plugged into a wall outlet and it still shows an issue with insufficient power. Tried two different plugs and different power strips. Help!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bdahlia1,

We appreciate your contact and thanks for letting us know all that you've done!

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bdahlia1

Jump to solution

Sure! It's YH0064289796. Thank you!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bdahlia1,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ks22

Roku premiere error message “insufficient power”

Jump to solution

Error message of “insufficient power” on Roku premiere after 1 year of no problems

0 Kudos
Ks22

Roku premiere insufficient power error

Jump to solution

My Roku premiere has been great until right around year one and it has been giving “insufficient power” error message despite trying the suggestions here.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku premiere insufficient power error

Jump to solution

@Ks22, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  If you're already doing that, I've received that message and unplugging the adapter from the wall (not the Roku) for 10 seconds or so and plugging it back it fixes it until the next time it happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos