Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

Hi @Tom2804,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating. We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bryanh011
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a reset and made sure I didn’t set the resolution higher then the tv’s capability. That fixed my low power issue.

0 Kudos
tonygump
Level 7

Jump to solution

Obviously this issue has been going on for 8 months! I would call it a design fail for the Express units since they have no vents to let the heat escape. This is the part that makes me laugh (from https://support.roku.com/article/226794787😞  "If the problem persists, then you should stop using your Roku player."

That's the final solution?

0 Kudos
myhot99
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bingo! 
It’s called “planned obsolescence” and roku will let thousands of us , if not hundreds of thousands of us go round and round here instead of being honest and telling us we have a pet Brick named Roku. A Sick way to do business. Time to replace ha ha they win. 

0 Kudos
kimby68
Level 7

Re: 3 month old roku express plus 4k

Jump to solution

Serial # 053065448213

I am a very dissatisfied customer.

The lack of access to online support without an explanation beyond "not eligible" is just an awful way to treat customers.

Reading the stream of complaints, it's clear this is a ROKU issue, perhaps just corporate greed for profit?

Fix this issue.

Thank you, I await your helpful reply.  DO NOT refer me to any troubleshooting guide - I have tried everything (like the uncountable number of other unhappy customers of yours).

Be careful before dismissing my directive to you to fix this issue.  Consumers have considerable power against companies like Roku who seemingly and simply dismiss concerns. 

This is simply ridiculous.

Kim Sutherland [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
BigShawn_75
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had this thing for about 2 months, this same issue started and i cannot resovle. I have been plugged into a wall plug since i got it, i have changed which port, atill blinking blue light

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @BigShawn_75,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot with low power issue: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

If you cannot resolve the issue, please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
baconfiend
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been having this problem for months, sometimes just unplugging and plugging the Roku power cable back in resets it and it works for a bit, but ultimately the same error happens. This is pretty good evidence of a company with a terrible product that's going down in flames. No wonder the company's stock has tanked big time over the last year.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @baconfiend

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend starting with the suggestions available on the link posted by @RokuMary-F above. If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chasy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got the Insufficient Power message. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos