Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix a Roku that pauses on its own

I’m having the same problem as Justhelpmehere. I’ve disconnected form power and restarted multiple times but the problem persists. Anyone have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix a roku that pauses on its own

Hello! @AlreadyRestarte,

An enthusiastic welcome from the Roku community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Does the issue occur on only this channel, multiple channels, or all channels?
  • Did removing the channel, restarting the player, and then adding the channel back again resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I also have this issue. I have also restarted tried multiple channels and have had no luck fixing. Removing and re-adding channels won't help since it is all channels. It has been happening for months. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @PolarBearMama.

We understand that you are having issues with your device. We are happy to help.

Could you specify which channels are affected by the issue? Also, have you already tried the following:

• Restart the Roku device
  • Reboot the router/modem
  • Connecting the device to a mobile hotspot just to check if there will be a difference.

Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cammie00

I am also having this issue.  It’s been getting worse as time goes on.  I have checked for updates and have rebooted my Roku device (going through the menu as well as unplugging it). My modem/router has been restarted a few times.

Nothing seems to help!  I can even be home alone and in a different room and it will pause on its own! 
A fix would be nice!  

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Cammie00

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing the issue you've experienced, and we'd like to request further information for us to investigate this case. Kindly provide the following below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos