Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BamaThais
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix HDCP Error Detected 020

I've tried all the steps listed on support page and still cannot view anything because of the HDCP error.  even bought new hdcp cable etc.  very frustrating.  any other thoughts to resolve - using roku express4K...

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @BamaThais

Thanks for reaching out here to the Roku Community. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with:

• What is your TV resolution?
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur?
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? 
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Gubson1

Thank you all for sharing tips! The community and staff are very helpful here!!,, https://famewide.com/

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gubson1

Thanks for your post here in Roku Community.

We are glad that you find this helpful. Have you experienced any related or other issues with your Roku device? If so, please let us know and provide any additional details you may need help with. And we're glad to follow up.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
BamaThais
Reel Rookie

Streaming Provider: YouTubeTV

TV:  SAMSUNG Series 6 (55), OS version : 1260

Picture Mode:  Movie (Dynamic, Standard, Natural, Movie)

Picture Size:  16:9 (Standard), Fit to Screen, Zoom/Position..

xxx: Video Settings:  current none selected,  Sports, HDR+, 

I am glad someone reached out because I am about to throw all my ROKU’S out the door because of my frustration the past 2 months.  This is the only tv that we consistently have this issue with, the other tv is the LG in our room, but that has not happened in approx one month.

On our large Samsung TV in the den where we watch most of our shows we have not been able to due to this HDCP error which began approximately 2 months ago.  I followed every instruction given on the screen and online and even purchased a specific HDCP cable hoping

0 Kudos
BamaThais
Reel Rookie

I would be interested to see if the error comes back.  Mine always did.....

0 Kudos
BamaThais
Reel Rookie

Now I can't even get to my youtubeTV account from my roku home page on this samsung TV.

says internet connect is not setup, but it is, have option to setup later or exit to check connection

choose - exit to check connection - the wifi is connected, strong signal etc.

even using the samsung remote the network connection is there....

this is not going to way I wanted it to. 

only think left for me to do - is REMOVE ROKU completely from TV and just stick to the SAMSUNG remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @BamaThais

We believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with the Youtube channel. If you are still seeing an issue occur, we would recommend removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, and then adding the channel back again.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jhonson989
Reel Rookie

One potential solution to fix HDCP Error Detected 020 is to unplug all HDMI cables and power cables from the devices, wait a few minutes, and then plug them back in. Additionally, ensuring that all devices are HDCP compliant and using high-quality HDMI cables may also help resolve the error.

0 Kudos
jhonson989
Reel Rookie

@BamaThais One potential solution to fix HDCP Error Detected 020 is to unplug all HDMI cables and power cables from the devices, wait a few minutes, and then plug them back in. Additionally, ensuring that all devices are HDCP compliant and using high-quality HDMI cables may also help resolve the error.

0 Kudos