Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads are taking way longer than they should because of slow motion with the video but not w/ audio

The issue I'm dealing with is with the ads...the audio is normal but the video is in slow mode so the ads are taking 5-10 x's longer than it should be. I'm not complaining that there's ads cause that's how free viewing works, (nothing is for free) but every time ads come on it takes literally 4 mins for a 1½ min. ad so if there's 3 ads ... do the math (please cause I stink at it). What can I do to correct this? Please?!? Thank you. I totally love you Roku! You are the best! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Ads are taking way longer than they should because of slow motion with the video but not w/ a...

Hi @Wildchild60

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about ads on Roku devices. 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? When did you notice the issue occur? 

Have you tried restarting your Roku device and see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos