Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellgogo
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

same issue here. i’ll be watching to see how this goes. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @ellgogo!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, are you experiencing this channel payback issue within a specific app? If so, could you please specify the apps affected by this? 

If you are experiencing this issue across all of the apps on your channel lineup, kindly provide us with the details requested as posted above.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SourceEnergy
Channel Surfer

Device model: 50R6+

serial number: X00100AJAX44

devide ID: S073H05JAX44

current OS: 12.5.5 • build 4174-94

in regards to the tracker ID I’ve tried to follow your instructions dozens of times during the crashes and it doesn’t work. probably because the other serious issue with this TV is the remote control barely works. I have to press each button numerous times in order to get anything to input. Regardless, i will keep trying and let you know if it ever works. 

as far as trouble shooting steps I’ve done every hard and soft reset available, software updates, power cycling, and everything I can find online to try and get it to work. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing us with the requested details, @SourceEnergy!

Rest assured that we will include your device in the process of investigation and find you the best resolution possible.

Once again, we appreciate your cooperation as we gather more information and for performing the troubleshooting methods provided. In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know as we are more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
rhoensmith

Same issue for my TV. Let me know if you find a solution 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rhoensmith,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing. Could you elaborate more about the issue that you have?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sas862
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Just started this week. All the software is up-to-date, and my other TV with a Roku stick isn't having an issue. Just the Hisense. Really want to avoid a factory reset if at all possible. Hopefully, a solution will be posted soon. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sas862,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

We'd love to take a closer look into this problem that you had. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)
  • May we know what the current software version of your Roku TV is by going to settings, system, and about?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jobu68

Same issue as well

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Jobu68 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the same trouble you've been experiencing with your Roku TV that crashes while using apps, and we'd be more than glad to help. This issue would be subject to investigation, and we'll work on that. Could you please provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos