Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonF

Re: HBO MAX stopped working on all of my devices tonight. Is there a problem with the service?

Jump to solution

Yes i get this same error when i try to watch thru my Roku.  But if i use my tablet, it works

am2tal101

Re: Hbomax

Jump to solution

me too and there is literally not way to contact roku.  very frustrating.  I dont want to pay for hbomax if I cant watch it!!  it works on a firestick but not my roku

am2tal101

Re: HBO MAX stopped working on all of my devices tonight. Is there a problem with the service?

Jump to solution

same thing happened to me.  watched fine on the firestick but then got the same message on my roku

copyleft
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Dont think they stole your cc nyc

0 Kudos
copyleft
Streaming Star

Re: HBO max not working

Jump to solution

Funny thing i DM’d roku support the issue at 12:30 am est and they fixed it.

you aren’t totally truthful 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still seeing this issue, please feel free to provide us with more information about what you are experiencing and we can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Krehberg32

Jump to solution

Trying to watch HBOMAX and it keeps giving me unknown error message about contacting my TV provider. It's only on certain movies I try to watch. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting.  

Please help! 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max: An unknown error has occurred. Please contact TV provider

Jump to solution

Hi @Krehberg32,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are still receiving the "An unknown error has occurred. Please contact TV provider" error message with HBO Max.

Just to clarify, have you follow the playback troubleshooting steps accordingly, by restarting the device after removing the channel and before adding back? If yes, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Please keep us posted.
Regards,
Mary

Jump to solution

I’m still having the issue that’s being reported. The app just won’t play. It freezes up then kicks me to the Home Screen. My workaround has been to air play through my phone but it’s considerably less convenient. Please fix the bug!!

Jump to solution

I've been using the HBOmax app for about six to eight weeks, when I finally found it available for my TCL Roku Smart TV. 

Recently it's taking minutes not seconds to load the home screen. Then sometimes when I play a program, it dumps out to the program page. But today, while trying to load and watch In The Heights? 

I can sign in, choose my profile from our account, the film is up top on the home screen. I push the arrow and the film starts to load and about 2 seconds in the app dumps me out to the TCL Home screen. 

Repeatedly.

I've checked, the tv and the app are both up to date. 

This is the last in a long line of problems with this app and my TV.

Is there some tech issue between TCL Roku smart TVs and the current version of the HBOmax app which I should be aware of? 

My TV:

TCL Roku TV 5121X

TCL Model: 40FS3750

Serial Number: 2N0020076233 

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-08 

My internet provider: Xfinity from Clark County, Washington, USA 

0 Kudos