Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
All47verses
Binge Watcher

Re: Support is bad troubleshooting nonexistent

Jump to solution

Whoops, sorry, I misread 4660 as 4669. Apparently I really DO need new glasses.

0 Kudos
Jhartmann7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Circular spinning, like re-queing, but it never resets. This is not happening on a standard “play” but only when I reverse or fast forward. If I exit, then go back in, its fine. So the recording is ok. The Roku process is not. At least not on this particular Ultra. 

All47verses
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hmm. This does have the feel of a fight between Roku's and Google's data centers, but that particular Deep Insight™ does you no good at all. Something isn't being handled properly upstream with those reverse/fast forward requests, and it's probably not inside the Ultra 4670.

If it was my gear, for completeness I'd try swapping in the 4660 for the 4670. If the problem went away I'd know it WAS a problem with the 4670; if the 4660 showed the same problem, it's definitely something upstream, and not something with a satisfactory fix on your end.

But since you likely want to watch TV, not start a new hobby, you're probably best off putting that Chromecast on that TV.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
All47verses
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And -- also for completeness -- the Roku support people ARE very limited in what they can do. For example, they're not allowed to do many things that your employer's help desk would commonly do, such as remoting in to do an upgrade or run a test.

There are just too many combinations of networks, routers, ISPs, channel providers, TVs and Roku models and settings, all of which seem to be changing their code on a wildly irregular basis, and some of which (like Google) are both providers and competitors to Roku. Non-trivial tech support would pose too big a risk of lawsuits. That's why they have to stick to their Q&A scripts and "have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling that app?" suggestions.

Good luck!

Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Getting support in the Roku Community

Jump to solution

I agree.

I wouldn’t claim that Roku has stellar support, but I wouldn’t really expect the makers of various streaming devices, to have support people who would (correctly) know what happens when you run someone else’s app, set a cloud recording and then FF while playing it back.  This seems like a better fit for a A/V forum or a streaming forum, where you have a greater chance that someone has tried that device, that service, and that use case.

I think this is an advantage that more integrated services have.  For example, Dish Network and DirecTV at least are much less able to point fingers at someone else and say: How the heck should we know? It must be them!

Basically, I’d start a question like this by asking on a forum like this one.  And allow that it might take a while for the “right” person to come along and respond.  Many of “us” haven’t tried all 24,000 Roku apps on a wide variety of Roku models either.

Banned but back. Because why not?
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting support in the Roku Community

Jump to solution

Hello, valued Roku Community users,

Thank you, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We value your posts, updates, reports, and feedback regarding issues with your Roku devices. We understand how important it is to be able to contact our support team when you need help.

Please be assured that we are fully committed to assisting you by providing effective solutions to any issues you encounter. In order to offer the best possible support, we may need additional information and comprehensive details from you to thoroughly investigate the matter.

For further Roku support, you can:

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community!

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.