Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikes8582
Reel Rookie

Nfl app not working on my roku

Jump to solution

I did all the trouble shooting nfl told me to do and reset my roku, Uninstaller and re installed the app and it starts to load with the blue screen and nfl logo then to a black screen with the loading circle and then kicks me out to the roku home. The app loads maybe 5-7 seconds then kicks me out

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Nfl app not working on my roku

Jump to solution

Hi there, @Mikes8582. Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are glad to help you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device. If you're having trouble with playback on your Roku device, it could be due to a network problem or an issue with a specific channel.

To get things sorted, here are a couple of steps you can try:

1. Restart your router
    - You might need to check the instructions from your internet service provider or router manufacturer for the best way to restart your router.
  2. Restart your Roku device.
    - Simply unplug the power cable, wait for a moment, and then plug it back in.
  3. You can also go to the Settings menu and follow these steps:
    -Press Home on your Roku remote
    -Scroll and select Settings
    -Select System
    -Select Power
    -If you don't see a Power submenu, move on to the next step
    -Select System restart.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community, @Burfalurf62.

We notice you also have an issue with NFL that crashes back to the home screen. No worries; we're here to take care of it for you. 

Kindly let us know about...

• Are you also experiencing this issue with other channels?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? 
  • Is this the first time you encounter this issue? 

In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

Restart your Roku device

To restart your Roku device, unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Alternatively, you can restart it from the Settings menu using the following steps.

1. Scroll and select Settings.
  2. Select System
  3. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  4. Select System restart

You may also...

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star. 

To open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. Read the detailed article about removing a channel to help identify this type of subscription channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must resubscribe.

Check out here for more troubleshooting in solving playback issues

Let us know about it, and keep us updated.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there, @Mikes8582. Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are glad to help you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device. If you're having trouble with playback on your Roku device, it could be due to a network problem or an issue with a specific channel.

To get things sorted, here are a couple of steps you can try:

1. Restart your router
    - You might need to check the instructions from your internet service provider or router manufacturer for the best way to restart your router.
  2. Restart your Roku device.
    - Simply unplug the power cable, wait for a moment, and then plug it back in.
  3. You can also go to the Settings menu and follow these steps:
    -Press Home on your Roku remote
    -Scroll and select Settings
    -Select System
    -Select Power
    -If you don't see a Power submenu, move on to the next step
    -Select System restart.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mikes8582
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of that worked either

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mikes8582 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We noticed on your post that you have attempted to troubleshoot the issue with the NFL app that does not work on your Roku device, and we appreciate your efforts. For this matter, we'd like to know more about how we can help you address the issue. Can you please provide the following details below:

• What specific Roku device you are having issues with?
  • Do you receive any error codes when trying to access the NFL app?
  • Have you tried updating the NFL app as well as your Roku device? (To update an app, highlight the app then press the star (*) button. Then, select the "Update app" selection. To check for Roku OS updates, navigate to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now).

Keep us posted on this, and we'll further assist you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. The app starts to load then just crashes back to the home screen. Neither NFL or Roku support has been any help at all. Hopefully whatever the issue is, it gets fixed. Right now, I'm paying for an app that doesn't work and that's the most frustrating thing.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community, @Burfalurf62.

We notice you also have an issue with NFL that crashes back to the home screen. No worries; we're here to take care of it for you. 

Kindly let us know about...

• Are you also experiencing this issue with other channels?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? 
  • Is this the first time you encounter this issue? 

In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

Restart your Roku device

To restart your Roku device, unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and reconnect it. Alternatively, you can restart it from the Settings menu using the following steps.

1. Scroll and select Settings.
  2. Select System
  3. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  4. Select System restart

You may also...

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star. 

To open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. Read the detailed article about removing a channel to help identify this type of subscription channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must resubscribe.

Check out here for more troubleshooting in solving playback issues

Let us know about it, and keep us updated.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
REDDDAWG23
Reel Rookie

The app itself is bad, resetting does nothing

Jump to solution

I keep seeing all these people saying. Fix the app by resetting your router resetting your TV. Resetting that, it's the app. It's flawed, it takes 8 to 10 seconds to load the **bleep** title page. And every time you click to go to another page. It takes a whole long time to load that. I have 800 mps speed...and it's the only app on my home screen that behaves like this...please FIX!!!!

RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The app itself is bad, resetting does nothing

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @REDDDAWG23.

We understand that all the suggested troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue you're experiencing. We'd like to investigate further to determine the root cause of the problem. 

For the thorough review to kick off, please supply us with more information about: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (Highlight the App, then press the Star * button on your Roku remote)

We will forward all these details to the appropriate Roku team for a more comprehensive investigation. 

We look forward to your prompt response and look closely into this issue. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhembo325
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The NFL + app isn't working on any of my three roku devices. It's responding fine and with ease on firestick..I've done all the trouble shooting,,,restarts..and reinstallation to no avail...please advise. All my other apps are working fine

Re: The app itself is bad, resetting does nothing

Jump to solution

Agreed. The app itself is awful. It's so slow to load. And I have to constantly close and reopen for it to register that I have Redzone through Verizon Fios.  I don't have that problem with other apps, so it's not my internet, router, or TV.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.