Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebadurchee
Reel Rookie

Getting kicked out of apps

I am being kicked out of Acorn randomly after about 2-3 minutes.  This is about 95% of the time.  If I reset the Roku from the System menu it will then work about 30% of the time.  It's getting very frustrating, especially since similar problems have been reported over the last two years with no resolution posted here.  I just upgraded to a Roku Ultra.  This did not happen with my previous Roku 4400.  It is powered directly into a wall socket.  I have it plugged into my brand new LG C2 via brand new ultra high speed HDMI cable.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting kicked out of apps

Hi @Rebadurchee

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Acorn or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rebadurchee
Reel Rookie

Acorn is the only channel I get booted out of, all the rest stream just fine.  This behavior is new, within the last two weeks.  Prior to that I had no issues with Acorn, either on my 4400 or on my Ultra.

I did as you suggested: I removed Acorn from my channel lineup, restarted my Ultra through the Settings menu, added Acorn back to my channel lineup, and started it.  I was booted out again, but this time I lasted about 30 seconds longer in the program.

Whither now?  Thanks.
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Rebadurchee

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Acorn TV Support here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator