Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrTunes
Channel Surfer

Frequently rebooting before loading streaming app

Jump to solution
  • I just got a roku express that my sister recommended took awhile to get thru enough rebooting to finish the initial boot up now every 30-90 seconds it instantly reboots itself I can't even get enough time to get into an app to log in to them.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Frequently rebooting before loading streaming app

Jump to solution

@MrTunes 

If your Roku device did not come with a wall adapter, you will need to try one that says 5volt, 1amp. (or 5volts, 2amp).

If your power adapter that you are currently using are below the 5volt, 1amp spec, you will likely continue to run into the same issues as an underpowered USB port.

I think it was a bad idea when Roku decided to start selling their devices without power adapters.  Saved the customers a few dollars perhaps, but just causes headaches.  Unfortunately, you will need to try using another power adapter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @MrTunes,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have set up or activated this Roku TV or device?
  • If not, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@MrTunes 

If you currently are using the TV's USB port for power, try powering your Roku device from a wall adapter instead. (should be able to use any 5volt, 1amp cell phone USB charging wall adapter).

Using the wall power adapter in an outlet should stop the rebooting.  Not all TV power ports can power streaming devices effectively.

0 Kudos
MrTunes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm currently using wall adapter not sure the volts on it🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
MrTunes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

First time set up n just recently tried the factory reset n goes to reconnect the wifi and then it starts its connection process then reloads the choose your network screen again... getting very annoyed already 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@MrTunes 

If your Roku device did not come with a wall adapter, you will need to try one that says 5volt, 1amp. (or 5volts, 2amp).

If your power adapter that you are currently using are below the 5volt, 1amp spec, you will likely continue to run into the same issues as an underpowered USB port.

I think it was a bad idea when Roku decided to start selling their devices without power adapters.  Saved the customers a few dollars perhaps, but just causes headaches.  Unfortunately, you will need to try using another power adapter.

0 Kudos
MrTunes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately when I changed to a more stronger charge block still just goes to connect to wifi then reboots n do it over n over again but appreciate the help

0 Kudos
MrTunes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Using the roku express 3960RW according to skew... yes first time setting it up n I've tried rest on device I've tried disconnected power for little bit I've done a factory reset when it got to where I could and I changed to charging block that I know is stronger cause it fast charges my galaxy s22 ultra ... none of this helped any... and currently now it's loading choose your network so I do and get check marks for both wireless connection and internet connection and then it just reboots all over again.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@MrTunes 

Quite possible that you just got a defective unit.  If you ordered through Roku, qualifies for money back under 30days, and free replacement under 1yr.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

If you purchased in a store, I would just return it and get a replacement.

I have had the good fortune of never getting a bad device, but it does happen occasionally.

Perhaps @RokuArjiemar can rejoin the the thread and get you to support. (sounds like replacement device is warranted/needed here).

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

See this page for warranty and return information:  

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.