Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strayshiny

Disney Plus subtitles keep turning off

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K and I like to watch a lot of foreign tv shows and movies, so need subtitles

I press the * button and change subtitles to on always, yet on Disney+ only they turn off for no reason. I'll be in the middle of an episode and the subtitles will be gone. I press the * button and it still says subtitles are on, but there's nothing there. The only way I can fix it is by rewinding 10 seconds and they reappear again

This has been happening for a while now. Before it only happened once an episode or every other episode, but now it's happening multiple times in the same episode and it's so frustrating

I've tried turning it off and on, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Disney+ but it hasn't fixed it. This isn't a problem on any other app I use

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Disney Plus subtitles keep turning off

Hi @strayshiny,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Disney Plus support here.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.