Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaitiSue98
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus malformed HTTP headers

So I contacted Disney+ support and they determined that that problem was from my device

its self which is an ONN ROKU TV. 
Here is the case number   80725408

DarkWingDuck138
Reel Rookie

Just happened to me on my Westinghouse Roku TV. Did anyone get a definitive answer on this?  

0 Kudos
NullrayDK
Reel Rookie

I switched my network from 5g to 2.4g and that fixed it. I haven't switched back to 5g just yet but now I can finish the last episode of Ahsoka lol hope this helps

NullrayDK
Reel Rookie

Switched back to 5gand it's still not working so I went back to 2.4 and it's now not working either. I'm on an onn 70" roku tv

0 Kudos
DarkWingDuck138
Reel Rookie

Everything else on the TV seems to be working but Disney plus. I'm glad I checked on here first because I'd be knee deep in troubleshooting that apparently doesn't help by now. 

0 Kudos
NullrayDK
Reel Rookie

I've played around a bit and I'm thinking it's totally ad related. I went to play bluey, young jedis, firebuds and a few random trailers and all of them work. Disney plus seems to not play ads before shows made for children therefore they don't hit an HTTP error. It's an extra 10 bucks to get Disney without ads so I'm not gonna use my own money to troubleshoot these guy's issue, but I'd put that 10 bucks on a bet saying that it's the advertisements clogging up the service. Hopefully it's sorted out soon.

DarkWingDuck138
Reel Rookie

You think they're QoS is pushing ads and can't support the main content? Wouldn't that affect anyone watching, not just Roku users? 

0 Kudos
NullrayDK
Reel Rookie

I am honestly not sure. I just know something is not agreeing between the onn roku tv and disney plus. It works fine on my phone, fire stick, and an express roku device plugged into a differet tv all on the same network, same disney account. Hmm very interesting.

Also pushing ok over and over on the remote seems to get it to work. I've gotten past it twice now with that technique hah

0 Kudos
z-bob
Streaming Star

Perhaps other platforms automatically retry rather than throw up an error.  I've been able to get past it by retrying manually; sometimes it takes 3 or 4 attempts.  I noticed I could play kids' content as well as trailers, but didn't realize they never start with a commercial.

BTW, I have a Roku streaming stick, not a Roku TV, and it's current on all updates.

0 Kudos
andersonv11586
Reel Rookie

TCL Model: 43S421

Serial Number: X00000P9CKCX

Device ID: S03AT059CKCX

Software Version: 12.5.5 build4174-93

Tracker ID: CX-084-627

Internet provider: Xfinity

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.