Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OtakuGirl85
Binge Watcher

Crunchyroll App Crash Playback

My Crunchyroll app crashed, fix it though but I want to prevent it from happening again, any advice? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crunchyroll App Crash Playback

Hi @OtakuGirl85,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? When did this issue first start occurring? Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Try taking a look here for more tips about channel playback troubleshooting: How to turn off the standby LED on your Roku device | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mareliava

I am also having the same issue. It started about 5pm or so central time.  I can pull up a channel and select a program but when I hit play I get an error occurred on playback. It is happening on all channels and these channels work fine on my other devices. I’ve reset the Roku and my tv multiple times

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mareliava

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Do you get an error message when you try to access the channels installed on your Roku device? Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it plugged into the TV's USB port or a power outlet? In some instances, the TV's USB power is insufficient to power the device. Running your Roku device with insufficient power can result in instability, crashes, and other unpredictable behavior, even if it appears to be operating normally.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Warm Regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos