Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Commercials freezing after playing

Hi @MattF,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BadMichael
Reel Rookie

I thought the reboot and reinstall solution worked...but now the commercial freezing is back and worse than ever.

This is a First World Problem, I know; But it's disappointing nevertheless.

I bought the Roku box for the occasional pay-per-view movie on Redbox. Hopefully, my Roku box won't freeze on that channel.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @BadMichael.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meboby
Reel Rookie

Well, here it is mid January 2024, and I continue to have the same annoying problem of Roku not returning to the show after a commercial. It freezes. When I hit return it returns to the beginning of the show I was watching. Boooo!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Meboby

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather the information requested by @RokuJanadeeK above this thread for us to provide an update to the appropriate Roku team.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anangel4u2
Reel Rookie

I am done with this BS. Reported long ago it gets worse, now when you restart it goes back to the beginning or the very last place you stopped and backed out and restarted. Now more and more commercials are playing so. Ow I just back out of all! So your advertising is paying you for a service that is messing up your customers and the customers are not watching the commercials. Roku gets richer we get screwed. 
I am taking my issue to the Wa state atty generals office - and the fcc, can’t even get support from Roku only this board it’s bs! 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We understand your frustrations, @Anangel4u2.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tinamolk

Happens on most commercials. Then when you go back and continue you have to fast forward to where you left off. And God forbid you don't go far enough and get another commercial! Really frustrating to pay for something that isn't working. 

Tried all the fixes posted so far and none have worked . 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @Tinamolk.

We sincerely regret to hear about the experience. We are aware of this occurring issue and would like to request the following details below so we can include your device's information in the process of review and correction:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. No worries! The team is currently looking closer into this issue and will find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boblb
Reel Rookie

-mine is off and it still happens.  there is no difference.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.