Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M1strike61

Re: Commercials freezing after playing

Hi this happens every time a ad comes on the ad stays on after it should count down and start the movie I was watching or TV show ,21st Jumpstreet I have to restart it to the roku channel and then find the show and play resume to watch it again .It happens all the time .to watch it I had to restart it resume it over 10 times in a 45 min episode.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @M1strike61

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Seeing that you're having the same issue as reported in this thread, we'd like to collect information for us to update this issue to the appropriate Roku team. Kindly provide the following details belowL

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bluerubin

Model 3930RW Roku Express

Serial number X00400PS10RX

Software 12.50 build 4178-AE

Device ID S0091318S10RX

Tracker ID RX-509-400

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Bluerubin

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We greatly appreciate you for providing the information. We'll forward this information and the issue to the appropriate Roku team for review.

Once more information is received, we'll provide an update in this thread.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BadMichael
Reel Rookie

This is happening on my brand-new Roku LE box. After watching a block of commercials, the picture freezes on the last frame of the last commercial. Backing out forces me to watch a fresh batch of commercials, after which the show (in this case, Space: 1999) may or may not continue.

AFAIK, This only happens on The Roku Channel. FreeVee and Tubi play just fine.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BadMichael,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku channel since the commercials are freezing. We're happy to help you. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BadMichael
Reel Rookie

After trying the re-boot and re-add channel procedure, I have not experienced the commercial freezing issue. Should it start happening again, I'll check back in.

0 Kudos
MattF

Freezing is happening more frequently.  Roku channel only, independent of any combination of show and commercial.  Only happens on one of my two Roku devices.

Model 3931RW

Serial number X00400E7LAHM

S/W 12.5.0 build 4178-AE

(other device S/W is -51)

Issue ID HM-009-972 and a few minutes later HM-009-976

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MattF,

Thanks for taking your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with The Roku Channel. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuJohnB?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattF

I have tried many combinations of removing/adding the channel and restarting/unplugging the device to no effect prior to this.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.