Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodie1025
Reel Rookie

Channel on Home screen wont work

Beginning this week I am unable to click on any of my home sceeen apps. I have made sure it is updated to the new newest version, I have reset to factory, I have also completed a system restart. My home page shows all apps and then they are black. Please help me fix this and is there anyone else having this issue. My voice works to go to an app. [Roku express remote 4k with voice and roku stream bar]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel on hone screen wont work

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Rodie1025!

We appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you attempted to resolve the playback issue with your Roku devices. We would like to closely investigate this issue.

Could you please provide the following information below:

• Have there been any recent updates that could be causing the issue?
  • Have you tried plugging the device into a different HDMI port?
  • How about trying the device on a different TV?

We will be waiting for your reply and will be happy to assist you further with this matter.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rodie1025
Reel Rookie

I have tried all of the above for the remote to work for less than 24 hours.im frustrated and really want answers. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for responding, @Rodie1025.

This may be a power issue with your TV, as you've mentioned it suddenly turning black. We suggest directly plugging in the power adapter of your Roku device on a power outlet. 

If you believe this may be related to your physical Roku remote, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• The serial number of your Roku device is affected by this.
  • Is this the remote that came with this device? If not, what is the model of this remote
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.