Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcabana
Reel Rookie

Casting content on a video wall with Roku express 4K and Roku Ultra

I'm looking to purchase either a Roku Express 4K or Ultra and before doing so, I would to know if these devices support casting over a video wall? We have a Userful server on-premise and this server has several HDMI inputs. I would like to use one of them to cast over the video wall made from 8 tv's. Is that possible? I have tested it out few days ago with an old roku express and it works but what about the newer models?

Thanks a lot! 

6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Casting content on a video wall with Roku express 4K and Roku Ultra

Hi @dcabana

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Yes, both the Roku Express 4K and Ultra support casting over a video wall. As long as your Userful server supports HDMI input and output, you should be able to connect the Roku device to the server and cast the content over the video wall made from 8 TVs.

To set this up, connect the Roku device to one of the HDMI inputs on your Userful server. Then, configure the Userful server to display the Roku content across all 8 TVs in the video wall. The process for configuring the video wall will depend on the specific software and hardware used in your setup, so you may need to consult the Userful documentation or support resources for detailed instructions.

In terms of the specific Roku device to choose, both the Roku Express 4K and Ultra should work equally well for casting over a video wall. The primary differences between the two models are the Ultra's faster processor, additional ports (including an Ethernet port), and support for voice control. However, these features may not be necessary for your specific use case, so the Express 4K may be a more cost-effective choice.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards.
Lianna

0 Kudos
sdshkttl

Hello Dcabana, I have got 8 Roku TV placed horizontally 1x8, which I want to make as a video wall in my store, may I know how did you make a video wall with Roku tv and how can I play the video from a userful server on-premise? I would be very grateful if you could provide me with any information.

0 Kudos
dcabana
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuLianna ,

I have got the Roku Ultra LT model # 4801X and plug it into our Userful server (one of the HDMI inputs available). I was able to configure the device, all the menu from Roku were displayed properly. However, as soon I tried to cast from a PC to Roku or to load a channel from Roku, it did not work. I have got the HDCP error. I have search the Roku Community and apply few resolution that I have seen but I have the same error. Was this device supposed to be compatible with Userful server and not blocking the signal?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dcabana,

Thanks for following up!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the error code or message you are getting? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?
Also, for further references, you can visit our support page: How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dcabana
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuJechealR,

I know how to cast and perform screen mirroring, this is not my issue. Here's the setup (repeatied from previous post I made): 

- Roku Ultra LT is connected to an HDMI input of a video wall server from Userful Corporation. That server then, based on my preferences, sent the HDMI signal to 1 or several tv (video wall made of 2 rows of 4 columns). 

Here's what happen: I'm able to display the Roku menu without any issues. Navigation and configuration goes all well. However, when I want to cast my Windows laptop and the connection is establish with Roku, for about half a second a see my laptop screen and then goes black with the error message of HDCP 2.2 compatibility issue (error code 020). The same error occur with every screen resolution from 720P to UHD HDR. I have tried also other source in the Roku such Roku channel (which I was expecting no HDCP protection0 but I got the same error code.

This is how I did.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dcabana
Reel Rookie

Any help from the Roku Team? It was supposed to be easy but .... does not work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.