Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zoe3

Can’t access live tv and streaming won’t work

I have reset my device and everything and everytime I go to watch live tv it’s just a black screen. I have a brand new tv also.

image.jpg

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t access live tv and streaming won’t work

Hello! @Zoe3,

We're sending you a warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We open our streaming TV platform to the greatest amount of content possible to captivate a wide range of global viewers. While we do not manage publisher content, including live content, it must adhere to our guidelines and channel criteria.

Please be advised to contact the channel provider directly for further assistance.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvmaster
Channel Surfer

I think the poster was saying that NO live channels are working?  

Your answer didn't clear anything up at all.  I too am having the same problem - noting appears on any of the live channels save for a blank screen under the show description, just like the photo.

Provider content has nothing to do with this.  Is it a problem with geo-ip bugs?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tvmaster,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing issues with Live TV. We would be pleased to help you further. Could you kindly supply the details below so that we can look into this issue you're having more thoroughly?

• Where are you currently located right now?
  • Are you using a VPN?
  • When did the issue start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Could you send us a photo of your running problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Many thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvmaster
Channel Surfer

1 Toronto

2 Most of the time - security issues

3 Since I removed and reinstalled unit on my account

4 Removed and reinstalled app, restarted unit

5 Photo is exactly the same as original poster.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tvmaster,

Thank you for the additional information!

We appreciate your cooperation regarding this issue that you're having with Live TV. Please be advised that VPNs may result in some content not playing at all or playing with playback difficulties due to geolocation limitations on the content. Make sure your Roku device is not connected to the VPN network in order to fix this.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvmaster
Channel Surfer

Hello.

Why on Earth would CBC Explore NOT play on the unit, live, in Canada, while connected to a CANADIAN VPN IP?  It's all Canadian!

It appears Roku has done something else to the software, or your servers, that isn't being either fixed or honestly represented to your paying clients.

If VPN use is a problem for Roku, it should say so on the boxes.  With foreign hackers, bank fraud, identity theft, VPN's are so commonly used in today's Internet relations that I'm a little confused Roku would not take that into account.

Are you certain that a fix isn't on the horizon?  CBC Explore - in Canada - via Canadian IP's - I don't see why that's a problem....

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.