Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JephTyler
Reel Rookie

Brand new Express will not start up shows just blank screen

I had the same model for two years and it quit working. So I got a new one. I have had this roku for 2 days and this one is also stopped working. It worked fine for the first day but by that evening it was just doing showing the dancing "ROKU" and wouldnt get past that screen. It was quite warm and so was our last one. For this one I unplugged it and let it cool down for 10 minutes, that didnt work. So I tried other cables and other power sources, still no luck. I then tried reseting for 10 seconds and 30 seconds multiple times and tht also didnt work. Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
JephTyler
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Express will not start up. Blank screen.

Model #is 3930X Serial is S013208N5EPS

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JephTyler,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have with Roku that stopped working and stuck at the dancing Roku screen. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you, and we'll do our best to help. For us to further work into the issue, kindly provide the following information.

• How are you powering your device when the issue occurred, is it through a power outlet, or directly to the TV USB port?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue?

In addition, have you already tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if the issue persists? Please be aware that factory reseting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels. For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and the requested information so that we can further investigate.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JephTyler
Reel Rookie

its was plugged into the tv like the one i had. it worked fine that way for years.

0 Kudos
JephTyler
Reel Rookie

Spoiler
I have also tried factory reseting the device still same issue
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JephTyler, try another USB power adapter from a phone or tablet plugged into the wall.  Try it with your old Roku as well.  Look for a power adapter that can provide at least 1 Amp.  Look at the fine print and it should state something like, Output: 5V 1A.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.