Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulzhome
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio out of sync; started with v11.0.0

Jump to solution

I respectfully have to disagree with just unplugging everything. Does nothing for me. You have to do a factory reset. You will find that in the setting on the screen

0 Kudos
Crabman113
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 different Roku models and both are doing the same thing with audio out of sync. I found if I change the channel and go back to original channel it is back in sync. There is no time frame for how long it stays in sync. Real pain when trying to watch a show. Roku Please Help

Jump to solution

This usually happens when watching live programs. Switching channels helps but not every time.

0 Kudos
JediCajun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Change channel and then back and all fine.  Then after a while it goes out of sync again.  Very frustrating. 

paulzhome
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have posted this before. The only thing that really works is a factory reset found under roku settings.

0 Kudos
Crabman113
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If I do a factory reset what info do I lose?  Will I need to start over with all of my info as in name, password, WIFI info and so on. Then how long does that work? Sounds like ROKU need to do another update to fix the bug. Thanks for the info. I want to be sure I have all the info I need before the factory reset

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Crabman113

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to know more about this issue. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When does the issue occur and does it happen in a specific event or scenario? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Crabman113
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What is happening is Audio issues . No exact time or frequency to when it happens. Sometimes audio gets muffled or fuzzy. Other times audio goes totally out of sync with video. Most of my time is on Xfinity stream so that is where it happens most. Unplugging Roku, changing channel and back both correct the issue but no telling for how long the fix works. I have two different Roku units, both do the same thing.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Crabman113

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Did the factory reset and that worked until I turned on closed captioning. Then the video lags and buffering occurs often. This occurs especially during live sports broadcasts.

0 Kudos