Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamNah
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio delay for five to ten seconds after pauses

@Jmcn999 

you fixed it! I love you random internet stranger.

0 Kudos
Jmcn999
Reel Rookie

🥰 the crazy thing is, I am not techy at all! I am mentally lazy with phones/apps/computer stuff but I want my TV to work! So maybe that was the motivator!😂😂

0 Kudos
dugshnay
Reel Rookie

This did not work for me. Brand new Roku express 4k+. Really noticeable on netflix and apple tv+ when it is auto playing previews. No audio for the first 5-10 seconds. This device will be returned soon if I can’t get configuration to resolve it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dugshnay,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku Express 4K+. May we know if this is happening on all contents and channels or if it is isolated? (Specify) Is there an external device that is plugged in at the back of your TV, like a speaker? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

In the meantime, you may try these steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dugshnay
Reel Rookie

Hi John. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay.

Good news. I don't think it's the Roku with the problem. I connected my Apple Tv to the same setup and have the same problem. The problem appears to lie with the soundbar. In my case it's a Nakamichi, but in searching for answers I've seen reports of this on Sonos as well. In further testing I've also found that the smart tv apps (Samsung) have the same problem, but the lead-in without sound is much smaller and really only noticeable if I'm looking for it. Perhaps that's a difference between the TV -> Nakamichi (eARC) vs a Nakamichi -> TV -> Nakamichi setup where the Roku is connected to HDMI on the soundbar. Still running through different permutations of connectivity and setup, but I'm convinced it's not the Roku now. 

Hopefully this can get others that find their way here to look at their soundbar/receiver a bit closer if they experience this problem.

Doug