Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drb124
Reel Rookie

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

How do i get a warranty replacement? I bought the roku at best buy online almost a year ago..

0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Roku as one star out of five.  I wonder why...  

drb124
Reel Rookie

Yeah im starting to see why.. I have a roku ultra that was getting hdcp errors that has now quit altogether.. A roku express and premium that both get low power errors.. Guess its time to move onto something else..

0 Kudos
Stega
Reel Rookie

Now my ROKU 4K+ starts up saying HDMI is not available as a source for about 10 seconds.  Then it starts flashing on and off.  After that I get the HDCP errors for about 5 minutes and finally, it settles out.

I may also start looking for an alternative to ROKU.

0 Kudos
JDN1
Reel Rookie

My player has does not have an auto power off option to turn on or off. 

0 Kudos
Imd2u

Purchased Nov 2021 as upgrade from my previous Roku stick. Last week error code 020 started. Checked and everything is good. Nothing on my end had changed. Now have to restart Roku every time I want to use it. Just ordered an extender.  Not happy. My last stick did same thing and extender did not help so had to always use secret screen to resolve. Just sharing with others. If new extender dies not resolve; suggestions? 

0 Kudos
cube1us
Reel Rookie

I first noticed this problem about one or two weeks ago, when I tried watching Thursday Night Football on the Amazon Prime App [NOTE: It had likely been months since the previous use, watching the Mandelorian on Disney+].  Since then, I have also seen this watching other content on Amazon Prime.  Apps updated, with no effect.  If I try multiple times, sometimes changing to another App and back (say, Disney+) I eventually get it to work - ***** VERY ***** frustrating!!

Roku Model 4800X, Device ID SO2A215REYP8

Software 11.0.0 4193-C2

Environment:  Wired Ethernet, Roku => Denon AVR E400 => (old) Sony KDL-46XBR9 (1080p, not 4K, purchased in 2009) software level aa0209pn

FWIW, Display type was already set to auto, and Auto Adjust Refresh Rate was already off.

JRJ

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and concerns.

If you are continuously experiencing HDCP errors during playback, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what is your TV resolution?
-when did you start seeing this issue? is the device that you are experiencing this issue with brand new?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wsasser
Channel Surfer

Well, I've already supplied the specs to my device but I'll send them again.  I did get the extender in the mail and to no one's surprise it didn't help.  Here are my device specs:

Model 3941X Roku Express 4k

TV resolution is 720p

I bought and installed this in July, and after about a month it started happening.  The device was new. It first would come on and I would re-seat the cables and it would go away.  Now the error message comes on no matter what and does not go away.  Will you be offering rebates or replacement devices?  This is really poor product and even worse support.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@wsasser

Thanks for the reply.

Please also provide us with the following information:

1. Serial number, Device ID, and Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.