Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Hi @Etihwgerg @Blue1952,

Thanks for the post.

If this issue still persists, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
j4c
Reel Rookie

Thank you

0 Kudos
chrisw63
Channel Surfer

My issue was solved, after stumbling around through several other settings, by turning off Auto Power On.  It's a lot less convenient, but my wife doesn't curse at me when she wants to watch something elsewhere, changes it to her channel, and suddenly the Roku steals the screen.

0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I have disabled the automatic power save feature that others have suggested and so far (one and a half days) no problem has occurred yet.  If that doesn’t fix it I’ll try your suggestion.  

0 Kudos
wsasser
Channel Surfer

I am now having this issue.  It started a couple weeks after I started using my device, but re-seating the HDMI cable would fix it.  Now it comes on and stays on.  I've tried the steps to fix it on screen, replacing the HDMI cable, disabling the power-save feature, and switching from auto-detect to 720p.  I am not trying to stream 4k, when I switch to 720p the device indicates that it detects HDCP 1.4.  This is happening on all channels I try to watch through multiple apps.  Here are the specs.  Please help.

Model - 3941X

SN - X01600XRK5UT

Device ID - S07P222RK5UT

Software - 11.0.0 build 4193-CR       

0 Kudos
Blue1952
Reel Rookie

I’m a poor one to help you unfortunately.  I’ve been able to disconnect power from roku box,hdmi cable from roku box and detach my cat.6 hardwire cable.  After 20 seconds to a minute I plug it all back in & voila everything works fine.  This happens inconsistently at this point.  I to am not watching 4k broadcasts.

I had a response as you apparently did as well saying to turn off the power save feature & I did.  So far so good.

0 Kudos
MrPaul
Channel Surfer

I’m two days into it with power save turned off on the Ultra 4800X and the HDCP error has not occurred.  Previously we could not go two days without seeing it so it appears to be “resolved” with this hack.  It’s a shame we don’t get to use the power save feature to fix this though.  Hopefully Roku will fix it in software soon.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

In reality the power save function saves very little power. The Roku draws almost no power to begin with. Most likely we're talking a handful of pennies per month. I wouldn't be concerned about that.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jeanneraye

Our TV is not a 4K but a 10 year old Visio that is a 50" TV. Never had a problem with my original Roku but your compay quit supporting my older one and forced me to buy the new one.  It has given me problems ever since we bought it.  I replaced the HDMI cord with a GOLD, very expensive, version and that was fine for about a week.  Now EVERY time I try to watch a movie on NetFlix, I get the 020 HDCP error message.  I followed all the instructions regarding unplugging everything and replugging everything and that had absolutely NO positive effect.  All I see now is that error screen.  I went into settings and verified that the "Auto Adjust disply refresh rate" was toggled OFF, which it was, and toggled it on and off just to be sure.  That had no results.  Still see the 020 error.  This is VERY frustrating since I had NO issues with the older version.  Exactly WHAT does your company intend to do to fix this issue??????

Here is the info for my device:

Model: 3930X - Roku Express

SerialNumber: X00400U9KVJA

Software version: 11.0.0 * build 4193-AE

Uptime: 11 minutes

Roku support: roku.coom/support

Device ID: S0085179KVJA

Error displays EVERY time I try to play a NetFlix movie

Started Immediately after installing it

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@jeanneraye please edit your post and remove your email. It's very dangerous to post that in a public forum. Hit the three vertical dots to the right of your post and select "Edit Reply".

Did you disable the Power Saver setting? I'm not certain the Express has it, as it might be specific to the 4K players. But this is one of several reasons I suggest a player other than the basic Express. The Express has less memory and channel storage space than any other model, and it's really the only non-4K model they sell now. It's well worth the slightly higher cost for the Premiere or Express 4K+. In addition, with the Express 4K+ you get dual band WiFi, the voice remote, support for an add-on wired network connector, and a simply more powerful player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos