Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samroney
Channel Surfer

What’s the difference between basic Smart Home Subscription and Smart Home PLUS subscriptions?

Jump to solution

What more does Roku Smart Home Subscription PLUS provide compared to basic Roku Smart Home Subscription?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: What’s the difference between basic Smart Home Subscription and Smart Home PLUS subscriptions?

Jump to solution

@samroney

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Products page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: What’s the difference between basic Smart Home Subscription and Smart Home PLUS subscriptions?

Jump to solution

@samroney

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Products page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
samroney
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I visited that page BEFORE posing the question. The only thing that page provides is the difference in price and a footnote by plus that says “up to 99 cameras”. There is no mention as to how many cameras the basic paid subscription provides or which other features the “plus” subscription adds over those of the cheaper standard paid subscription. That page is what inspired me to ask. Surely the price isn’t the only difference? Does anyone at Roku have an answer?

ps: you double posted your original answer.

samroney
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure if I replied to the right one because you double posted your response, but please see my other reply. This did not solve or answer my original post.

0 Kudos
samroney
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I guess no one knows the answer. Weird.

0 Kudos
tammyc

Jump to solution

I think the answer to your question is if a person has 4 cameras it would be smarter to use PLUS. If you only have 3 cameras and do not plan on a 4th camera then the regular Roku Smart Home is adequate. @samroney 

samroney
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you… but to make sure I’m understanding are you saying that your thinking is that a regular subscription lets you run up to a limit of 3 cameras, and that is the only only difference? 

0 Kudos
swirsguy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The basic is just per camera, so if you have more than 2 @ ($3.99 each per month) then it would be cheaper to get the plus which covers up to 99 cameras for $9.99 per month.

I am 99% sure that is the only difference.

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When I started the subscription I had three cameras and I was not given a choice - it was the $9.99 subscription or nothing.

0 Kudos