Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wtsawyer81
Channel Surfer

Can't activate pro monitoring subscription

Jump to solution

Purchased the Smarthome security system with extra sensors and some cameras. All installed and working.

Paid to subscribe to the pro monitoring by noonlight. Problem is, I cannot activate my pro monitoring subscription. In the app, it says "pro monitoring subscription needs activation. Resume". I click resume, the first step is to enter address and location, I click on it. Then I enter my address. It then says "loading" for a split second, then nothing happens. I can't get passed this step to activate my paid pro monitoring.

Both text chat support and phone support have been no help. I'm about to rip out all this equipment and return it I am so frustrated. Please help. I have reinstalled the app several times on two different phones and a tablet. Customer service is terrible so far.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't activate pro monitoring subscription

Jump to solution

Hi @Wtsawyer81,

Thanks for getting back to us, and we really do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Our engineering team is currently working on this. Hopefully they get the ginks out of it.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wtsawyer81,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this kind of experience you've had with the activation of the Smart Home subscription. Let us help you with this and activate your subscription. We recommend activating your Roku Smart Home Subscription through the official Roku website at this link: Roku Home Monitoring System

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wtsawyer81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi That link you posted is to subscribe to the home monitoring service, which I have already done. The problem is that once subscribed, you have to then activate the service through the app, which is a process that is not working, as I have already detailed above

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wtsawyer81,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Have you tried to follow the instructions in the app to enter your contact information, add secondary contacts, provide details about your location, and choose a code word that will be required if you speak with a Noonlight agent?

In the meantime, could you send us an image of your screen where you're stuck on while you're trying to activate your subscription? This would enable us to look closely at the issue and do what's necessary to resolve this.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wtsawyer81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi I am following the instructions exactly. You cannot enter any information about secondary contacts or passwords, those options are greyed out, the only clickable option is address and location (the first step). Since I've already wasted hours on this with tech support, I spent time to screenshot and edit pics for all to see. 

Screenshot_20230815-185401~3.png

Screenshot_20230815-185414~2.png

Screenshot_20230815-185422~2.png

Screenshot_20230815-185432~2.png

Screenshot_20230815-185452~2.png

Screenshot_20230815-185510~3.png

Screenshot_20230815-185517~3.png

Screenshot_20230815-185522~3.png

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wtsawyer81,

We appreciate you for keeping us posted and providing the additional information.

Rest assured that we have notified the appropriate Roku team regarding your concern, and they are informed of your information and concern.

While they are working on the issue to resolve it, your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wtsawyer81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still no update or contact from support or engineers last 48 hours. 

BrandoConmando
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mines not working either. Purchased pro monitoring and it will not show up on the app to even try to activate it. Something is up with their system.

Shane1976
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.   Getting to the point where i'm going to cancel my subscription and return all the equipment.   Very frustrating.   

Wtsawyer81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same. I've bought over $900 worth of equipment  from Roku in the last two weeks, half from them, half from Walmart. It's all about to get returned, it shouldn't take five days to activate a home security system. My family is unprotected while I'm at work right now, god forbid something terrible were to happen. This is unacceptable. It's not like a streaming stick or TV that's not working, which is an inconvenience. With home security, it could literally be life or death. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.