Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nounome
Reel Rookie

[6.0] Roku Camera not connecting on TV app but DOES on mobile app

My indoor cameras are not connecting on the TV app, but they DO connect on the mobile apps. This started yesterday morning and has not resolved. I've restarted my ROKU TV, I've uninstalled & re-installed the app, I checked for app updates...nothing has worked. To be clear, the cameras DO connect to mobile apps on my phone and tablet, just NOT on the TV app. It just sits with a black screen and processing circle, then after a while it simply says "Unable to connect to this camera. Press OK to try again"

6 REPLIES 6
mmcinnes
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Camera not connecting on TV app but DOES on mobile app

I have the same issue.  It started for me a week ago.  It's on all cameras and doorbells.

I have the same issue.  Restarted the cameras and the TV app.  Nothing seems to work. 

mmcinnes
Reel Rookie

After many restarts and frustration, I finally got my cameras to work again on my TV by going into the Roku Settings on the TV and switching the WiFi network to another network.  I have Verizon Wifi and there is one for 5G and one for 2G.  I'm not sure why this would work or if it will work for everyone, but so far so good for me.

nounome
Reel Rookie

I'm glad you got yours back up & running!! This didn't work for me. I switched to 2.4 GHz and I'm still having the same problem. I've posted here, on Twitter at RokuSupport and sent an email to support...nothing. Day 3 of this and no help yet, of any kind. SO frustrating!

0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue, I tried support and they said they’d send a new indoor camera. They were on sale so I went ahead and got a new one anyways and it has the same issue already. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this problem that you had but we'll need to gather more information. Can you please provide the following details below?

• May we have the Mac Address of your Roku camera? By opening the Roku smart home app, you may need to select the device from the home screen, tap settings and device info, and identify the 12-digit alphanumeric address labeled MAC. Alternatively, you may refer to this support article here.
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to escalate this issue to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.