Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TreyC96
Reel Rookie

Video play back isn’t working on phone. It live stream fine. But for events I can’t play them.

hello I’m having issues with event video not playing when there’s any even that happens in camera view. It live streams fine. But events don’t play it’ll keep buffering and don’t play. I uninstalled the app on my phone and still have the same issue. Can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Video play back isn’t working on phone. It live stream fine. But for events I can’t play them.

Greetings from the Roku Community, @TreyC96!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Which records are you attempting to view? Are these current recordings, or has it been past 14 days?
  • Could you provide us with a screenshot or photo?
  • When did the issue start?

With detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TreyC96
Reel Rookie

Re: Video play back isn’t working on phone. It live stream fine. But for events I can’t play them.

It can be video events from current recordings or within the past 14 days. When selected on recorded events for playback it doesn’t play video. I don’t know how to send a screenshot on here. I checked my subscription and it’s good standing. WiFi signal is good. When I get home I’ll reset the camera and see if it works 

0 Kudos
TreyC96
Reel Rookie

IMG_1201.png

It keeps doing this when I click on current recorded events. I’ll see if resetting the camera will work. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.