Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

Pro Monitoring Service Not Showing Up in App

Hello,

I activated the Pro Monitoring Plan yesterday yet in the app still does not list the home security options in Monitoring nor Account a full 24hrs later.  The Home Monitoring service shows active until July 2025 on my.roku.com (paid annually) but signing in/out of the app nor reinstalling the app doesn't show HMS is active.  "Manage Subscriptions" only shows the trial cameras - see below.  I called tech support yesterday and they created a ticket but no response.  Android 14 user.

Anyone have any ideas on how to force the app to recognize the service I paid for?

Screenshot_20240722_184718_Smart Home.jpg 

13 REPLIES 13
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pro Monitoring Service Not Showing Up in App

Hi @atlstreamer,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'll be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the "Pro Monitoring Subscription" since it was not reflecting on your Roku smart home app. Please try the steps below.

1. On your browser, search for my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Scroll down to Manage Subscription.
  4. Check if there was a Pro Monitoring Subscription.

If it was visible there, your Roku smart home monitoring subscription is active.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

Yes, as I mentioned in my original post it shows active on my.roku.com (see below)

image_2024-07-23_025352876.png

But does not appear in the Roku app now almost 48 hrs later so my home isn't actually monitored by Noonlight even though I've paid for the service.  What can be done to resolve this?

0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

** Update ** had my wife install the app on her iPhone and the same thing - the app does not recognize that we pay for the home monitoring service and none of the security features exist.  Is this a Roku billing issue or Wyze server issue?  Using version 3.0.0 of the app on both iOS and Android

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @atlstreamer,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please note that you will not be able to access it through the Roku smart home app, but you will have a subscription if you see the "Pro Monitoring Subscription" on the website.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB Perhaps you don't have access to the app but I don't think your response is accurate but regardless, the features that should be in the app when you license the Pro Monitoring are not there.

Settings like the Home Security Safe Word, the security alarm contact number (where they call you when the alarm goes off), the address for the secured property (where the police should arrive after an alarm), the Noonlight monitoring certificate (proof the property is professionally monitored), activating Test Mode, etc. etc. etc. should all be visible in the Home Monitoring screen below.  As you can see, the app looks just like it would for anyone wo doesn't subscribe to home monitoring - none of the Noonlight specific configuration options are available.

If the app correctly recognized that I pay for Pro Monitoring service, then these options would be visible in the mobile app - no?  If I'm incorrect, please provide screenshot(s) of where in the app or online I would configure the items above.

Screenshot_20240723_132843_Smart Home.jpg

0 Kudos
Loriot
Reel Rookie

Hello fellow roku user I made sure all my settings were set up for the cameras to record and keep it stored I first hit that little  funnel looking thing on the events page and checked all the boxes for the subscription only and then I went on the actual camera itself setting and event recoding and made sure those were turned on to I hope this helps 

0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

Thanks @Loriot, just tried and it isn't working for me.  Would you mind taking a screenshot of your "Home Monitoring settings" like I did above and posting it here so I can confirm what it's supposed ot look like, as well as help JohnRoku understand the issue to get this the the right person in Roku or Wyze (and ensure he's sharing the correct information the future)?

Loriot
Reel Rookie

It’s not letting me add a photo on here so idk you can DM me on Instagram ( @Maricaloriot ) and I can send you them that way?? And try to help the best I can. 

0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

Although I've called several time to care who n turn have submitted at least two tickets, no one has reached out to me for any resolution.  Is there another method of obtaining support?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.