Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pro Monitoring Service Not Showing Up in App

NO .......THEY ARE A **bleep**TY COMPANY THAT DOESNT GIVE A **bleep** ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I LITERALLY HATE THEM. 

I'm having the same issues you are and cannot get any **bleep** help. Another **bleep** American company that lets a third world call center handle their **bleep** for them. 

0 Kudos
GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

Ok, so I just resolved this problem for myself.

I had to do two things:

1. Make sure the app is updated to the latest version ( v3.0.1 (0) ) as of me writing this.
    1. This fixes the critical notification setup bug
  2. Delete the system in the app (e.g. -- just delete the monitor hub) and walk through the setup one more time.

After I did that, I was able to successfully finish the Noonlight setup and I feel a lot better.

0 Kudos
atlstreamer
Channel Surfer

@GregoryJordanM thanks for responding, I'll give this a try.  We started with ver 3.0.0 so I don't have high hopes here - that said, I have a feeling the products and the order in which they are added has somethin to do with this.  I am a Wyze customer on a different property and I remember the video camera subscriptions interfering with Home Monitoring activation.  In my case, the Video Doorbell was the very first device added after the hub.  Wondering if I do it over and just add a single entry sensor to activate the monitoring I can get it enabled; then add the cams post home monitoring install.  

Another thing that may have tripped this entire process up is I activated home monitoring on the web instead of the app.  If after resetting it still won't sync, I might need to change Roku emails or worse, create a brand new account.

So my two questions to you are - did you add any video doorbells to your devices list and how did you activate HMS - app or website?

PS:  It's been 10 days since I reached out to customer service and have been calling every 2 days since and they have never reached out to assist on any of my tickets/issues.  Leaving this here so that others thinking about this system understand the level of support they will (won't) be getting from Roku.

GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

I do have a video doorbell and it worked with v3.0.1 (0) as I would have hoped at first (although, that was not the case on v3.0.0).

The HMS was really easy to set up in the app after updating the app, deleting the system and re-adding everything (honestly, the software setup part is really fast --- longest thing for me was mounting entry sensors). After I got everything added, I went through the setup and when I finished, it said "you have a subscription, would you like to activate it" to which i emphatically said yes. Then it was just a matter of adding some contacts and a "codeword".

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.