Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mulvany77

Notifications not sent to iPhone

I set up the 360 camera in my phone but no matter what I set the sensitivity settings to, no one in my home gets motion notifications.    Any advice on what to do?

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Notifications not sent to iPhone

@Mulvany77

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend to ensure notifications are enabled on both the main menu of the Roku Smart Home app, and within the camera settings.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
becca7
Binge Watcher

I am having same problem on the SE camera 😠

I ended up calling roku and after being on phone for an hour the camera was defective.. Got a new one it work but it will not send A notification to my phone 😡 and I can not figure out why. I deleted and reinstalled a couple time 

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

I am getting some notifications. It seems that there is no notification if the phone is near the camera when it detects something, only getting notifications when the phone is away from the camera.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

If you are still experiencing an issue with receiving notifications to your iPhone, can you please provide us with the following information:

-which Roku Smart Home camera are you using
-brand, model, and OS of your mobile device
-Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
krsherman
Binge Watcher

I just set up my camera for the first time and have the same issue. I will submit a log.

0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

I posted that the same is happening to me.  I did a bunch of troubleshooting since last night, and I'm quite sure it's related to Roku Smart Home subscription.  Here's how my experience went.

1)Unboxed and setup Roku. When camera turned on the first time I immediately got a notification of motion.

2) Continued through setup, signed up for the 2weeks free of Roku Smart Home subscription

3) Put camera outside. No notifications. Nothing on my phone, wife's phone, TV

4) Restarted camera. Still nothing

5) Reset camera and deleted it from app

6) Set camera back up as new. Notifications began working again. I was happy, went to bed. I got notifications all night about motion (mostly car headlights in my neighborhood)

7) This morning I wanted to limit the notification types to only PEOPLE, and noticed I didn't have those setting. I realized when I reset the device and added new that it removed my 2wk free trial subscription.  So I set up a new monthly subscription.  As soon as the Smart Home features appeared in the app I have not received a single notification.  They are all set to detect motion on all motion types, and notify me for all types. I have made no changes in settings other than subscribing to the service.

@Mulvany77 Does this sound like your experience at all?

mlm44
Streaming Star

I was not receiving some notifications during the trial subscription but ever since I started the paid subscription I have been getting all notifications. I have not changed anything else other than to use smart detection on one of the outdoor cameras to avoid constant alerts for moving shadows, flying leaves, bugs, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

If you are still experiencing an issue with receiving notifications to your iPhone, can you please provide us with the following information:

-which Roku Smart Home camera are you using
-brand, model, and OS of your mobile device
-Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

Log 4092 submitted.

outdoor wired

apple iPhone 13 mini. iOS 16.1.1

0 Kudos