Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login on Roku Smart Home App

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I am also trying to login to my Roku smart Home App. I get the error “The Email address or Password does not match our records” this is an abrupt issue as before midnight EST I was able to look at my cameras no issue and now I can’t. I am on an iPhone 13 and have deleted and reuploaded the app twice. Reset my password three times. Tried on my wife’s phone. (Also a 13)  and even rest my device. I can sign in on a web browser to Roku.com no problem but get the error only from the app. After some research this seems like an ongoing problem for Roku with very little interaction from your support group. My Roku version is at v1.1.5 (6). Please advise in a prompt and efficient manner.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot login on Roku Smart Home App

Jump to solution

Hey @Starcatcher_3, wanted to thank you for your first post on the Roku Community. We're definitely here to help solve this issue for you.

At this point, it sounds like you've done a lot of awesome troubleshooting and we'd actually like to have a member of our escalated Smart Home team reach you directly over the phone to confirm your account details with you.

A few notes that might help you or anyone else running into this issue...

• Ensure you're using the right email address. Many folks have multiple email accounts and can forget which is in use on their Roku account. It's an easy mistake. Double-check by logging in directly at http://my.roku.com. We can see the account you're logged into here on the Roku Community is the account with the Roku Smart Home cameras associated with it. Make sure that's the same account that you're using. Believe it or not, we see people with multiple Roku accounts all the time.

• If you're using a password manager, turn it off, and try typing in your credentials manually. Ensure you aren't accidentally adding any spaces before or after the email address or password.

• Are you able to log in using the standard Roku Mobile App (not the Roku Smart Home App)?

Still no luck? It's time for reinforcements. Send me a DM and we'll have a member of our team contact you over the phone.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Selina5514,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home app.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved, and we invite you to see if you are still experiencing a problem with the Roku Smart Home app.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hey @Starcatcher_3, wanted to thank you for your first post on the Roku Community. We're definitely here to help solve this issue for you.

At this point, it sounds like you've done a lot of awesome troubleshooting and we'd actually like to have a member of our escalated Smart Home team reach you directly over the phone to confirm your account details with you.

A few notes that might help you or anyone else running into this issue...

• Ensure you're using the right email address. Many folks have multiple email accounts and can forget which is in use on their Roku account. It's an easy mistake. Double-check by logging in directly at http://my.roku.com. We can see the account you're logged into here on the Roku Community is the account with the Roku Smart Home cameras associated with it. Make sure that's the same account that you're using. Believe it or not, we see people with multiple Roku accounts all the time.

• If you're using a password manager, turn it off, and try typing in your credentials manually. Ensure you aren't accidentally adding any spaces before or after the email address or password.

• Are you able to log in using the standard Roku Mobile App (not the Roku Smart Home App)?

Still no luck? It's time for reinforcements. Send me a DM and we'll have a member of our team contact you over the phone.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

Jump to solution

That didn’t work for me. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, signed in on my browser, etc. I cannot sign into the smart home app. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Brendenb1997 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Are you making sure to log into the Roku Smart Home mobile app with the same credentials as your Roku account? Are you currently able to sign into your Roku account online with the same credentials?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
pnluck87

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I can use the app fine on my iPad and can use my camera on my tv too. However I can’t access it on my phone. I have also tried all the troubleshooting ideas everyone else has done but still no luck. Is there an issue with the app? I have an iPhone 12 Pro and recently did the software update thinking that would help but still having issues. This started about 5-6 days ago. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @pnluck87 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding using the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

So we can better understand the issue you are experiencing, what OS is your iPhone 12 currently running? In addition, can you provide the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What is happening on your Roku Smart Home mobile app when you try to access your Roku Smart Home devices?

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
James1414
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to me

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i was kicked from the app today.  tells me email and password dont match.  cannot create new account. nothing.  i need this camera to work ASAP!!!!! i even double checked my ios is up to date. 

0 Kudos
craigm

Jump to solution

Same problem for me. Latest iOS build and using an iPhone 11. As of today I cannot login to the Roku Smart Home app. I’ve reset my password and can login fine on the regular Roku mobile app and my devices (just not the Smart Home app). 

Please fix this. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users!

Please be aware that there was a service interruption impacting Roku device activations, accessing the Roku Support site as well as other Roku services. This should now be resolved and services restored.

We would recommend trying again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos