Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nat12edw
Reel Rookie

Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

A new Roku Express right out of the box is stuck on the “Let’s Get Started” screen. It won’t allow me to even select a language. I have tried on a different tv, using different hdmi cables in every hdmi port I have, I’ve tried 3 separate sets of batteries (all new), I’ve tried different power sources, and I’ve tried resetting multiple times. Nothing I do seems to make any progress. Any thoughts?

70 REPLIES 70
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

Unless it's an Express 4k it comes with an IR remote meaning you must point the remote at the front of the Express.  The light on the front of the Express should flash with each press of a remote button.  You can verify whether the remote is working by using the camera in your phone.  Point the remote at the camera and you should see a flash of light on the camera screen when you press a button.  If you don't, you should probably return it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Nat12edw
Reel Rookie

I see the red light and I’ve tried my other IR roku remote too that I know works 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Is this express buried behind the tv? It has to have line of sight from the remote to the front of the roku? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@renojim  Just a quick FYI:  The 4K+ (3941) comes with a WiFi Direct/Point Anywhere/Voice remote - the 4K (3940 - Walmart model) does not.

Nat12edw
Reel Rookie

@Tivoburkee …..yes it’s in clear sight

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Nat12edw

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku Express. It can be located underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our Support team for assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
celiana

estos roku como qie son un fracaso no tienen soporte de nada muchas y limitados

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@celiana

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Community only supports the English language and we had to use Google Translate to understand your post.

Is there a specific issue you are experiencing? With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
grocket

I am also having the same issue as above. I’ve checked the remote using my camera and I can see the IR light in the remote when I press a button. I’ve also made sure that the device is in clear sight. Mine is a Roku Express fresh out of the box. I have also done everything to reset it. Any help? Model number: 3930X serial number: S00830DED2SS