Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merables12
Reel Rookie

Roku express making constant buzzing sound

Hi, 

Just bought a brand new Roku express. It makes a constant high pitched buzzing sound. We've tried factory reset, unplugging and replugging both the tv and the Roku, we've tried changing the HDMI cable, still makes the buzzing sound. How to fix? 

Serial number is X004004R9SRU

6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express making constant buzzing sound

Hi @Merables12

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I can't help with this problem, but I expect this information would be helpful to those in the know.

Is this buzzing coming directly from the Express itself, or is it out of your TV's speakers?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Merables12
Reel Rookie

It's coming from the TV itself but definitely caused by the Roku. The beeping/buzzing stops when something is playing. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Merables12-

Try experimenting with the various audio settings you find under Settings > Audio > Audio mode and Settings > Audio > Audio streaming format.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
1CC
Reel Rookie

I have this same situation. The buzzing seems to come from the box and it seems like it still does it even when the tv is playing on and off. I also have constant flickering with video and audio--mostly when watching YouTube more than any other app but it can happen on other apps. I have an older Roku I got in 2017 that works perfectly but it sounds like the Express has a lot of known issues.. yet no real permanent fixes?

0 Kudos
1CC
Reel Rookie

My roku options are a bit different (perhaps changes in the last year) but I'm going to try to switch from AUTO to DOLBY and see if that helps. Mine is SETTINGS>AUDIO>PREFERRED STREAMING FORMAT, in case that helps someone. Default is on AUTO other choices are DOLBY and DTS

0 Kudos