Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra having an issue with " No signal"

I recently upgraded my Roku Express to a Roku Ultra. However, when I turn on TV with Roku remote, I receive a "no signal found" message. If I unplug the Roku power and re-plug it, it then connects and all is well. How can I remedy this aggravating problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra having an issue with " No signal"

Hello! @t-townwilson,

Thank you for sharing this with the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku Ultra's issue with " No signal" displayed on your TV screen. We're pleased to assist.

Make sure your Roku player is connected directly to the TV. If it is connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, first disconnect it and connect it directly to the TV. This will remove any issue with the AVR or soundbar and make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

These are the most common reasons you may not see the picture on your TV:

1. You have selected the wrong input (source) on your TVYou must select the input (sometimes referred to as source) that matches the one to which you have the Roku player connected. Look to see which input you have the Roku player connected to. The video connector will be labeled with the input name, e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AUX, VIDEO IN 1, etc.
  2. The video cable is not connected correctly or is faulty. Check that it is firmly attached to the back of your Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  3. There is a problem with the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV. If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  4. Enable CEC or turn off auto power savings. If you do not see a picture after pressing a button on your Roku remote, it is possible that your player cannot "wake up" your TV over the HDMI connection. To fix this, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled on your TV. You can turn off auto power savings if you prefer that your player never enter low power mode.
  5. There is a problem with the USB power adaptor, or the adaptor does not meet requirements. Your Roku player may not receive enough power, even if the power light is on. This happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB/AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or plug your Roku player directly into a power source.
  6. If all else failsdisconnect and reconnect all cables,s including the power cable.

For more detailed information, please check it here: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku streaming player on your TV

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@t-townwilson-

Your Ultra has a feature lacking on your former Express.

"Auto power savings" item in the Power menu will put your Roku device into a low power standby condition after a 20 minute period of inactivity (i.e nothing has been streaming and no user interaction has been received). In this low power state neither its connection to your home network nor its HDMI connection to your TV are active. If your TV was off and you turn it back on while the Roku is in this state, this often leads to a "no connection" error display on the TV, and on some TVs can lead to HDCP copy protection errors and other connection problems when the HDMI connection is reestablished.

Pressing a Roku control key (like the Home button) on your Roku remote (not Power, Volume, or Mute buttons, if your remote has them, as they act on the TV, not the Roku) should bring the Roku out of standby and back to full operation. Pulling the power for a few seconds to restart the Roku will restore full operation as well.

If you disable "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" it should prevent your Roku from going into standby in the first place. The power savings are very small and for the hassle it causes many users, I don't think it's worth having this feature activated.

For further details, see this Roku information page: https://support.roku.com/article/6306527767575

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.