Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get past the Roku Screensaver

Jump to solution

When i click on the hdmi , it brings me to the purple roku landscape screensaver, but wont go further. If i click on it, itbrings me back to cable box... i have no way to access prime, disney, crave, apple +

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cant get past the puple city scape roku screensaver

Jump to solution

Hi @Claudemtl777,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku is stuck on a screensaver. We are more than happy to help you with this.

To better assist you with this, could you please tell us what Roku device/TV are you using?

For now, let's see if this will work for you.

If you have a Roku streaming player, kindly try the following.

1. Unplug the Roku device from the power source and from the back of the TV.
  2. If your Roku device power source is from the TV using a USB cable, try plugging it into the wall outlet using a USB power adaptor.
  3. Try switching the HDMI port and input using your TV remote. (If the Roku device is plugged into an HDMI 1 port choose HDMI 1 input on your TV using your Roku remote)
  4. Once you see the Roku screen, use your Roku remote.

If you have a Roku TV, try the following.

1. Unplug the Roku TV from the power source.
  2. Wait for 10 seconds.
  3. Plug it back into the power source and use your Roku remote.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cant get past the puple city scape roku screensaver

Jump to solution

Hi @Claudemtl777,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku is stuck on a screensaver. We are more than happy to help you with this.

To better assist you with this, could you please tell us what Roku device/TV are you using?

For now, let's see if this will work for you.

If you have a Roku streaming player, kindly try the following.

1. Unplug the Roku device from the power source and from the back of the TV.
  2. If your Roku device power source is from the TV using a USB cable, try plugging it into the wall outlet using a USB power adaptor.
  3. Try switching the HDMI port and input using your TV remote. (If the Roku device is plugged into an HDMI 1 port choose HDMI 1 input on your TV using your Roku remote)
  4. Once you see the Roku screen, use your Roku remote.

If you have a Roku TV, try the following.

1. Unplug the Roku TV from the power source.
  2. Wait for 10 seconds.
  3. Plug it back into the power source and use your Roku remote.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.