Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skullseeker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

update - after 10-12 times stuck in the loop, gave it another shot today and after 3 attempts the update worked - super clunky process but glad the devie is back to life

BeerPimp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This morning I tried getting out of recovery mode again.   I entered my wifi password and it installed updates then went back to the same recovery mode screen.   The second time I entered my wifi password it updated and made it into the normal Roku menu system.   But it promptly went into "Installing final updates".   It did this three or 4 times.   Each time I had to enter in my wifi password.  The final time it did this I connected it to the hotspot on my phone.   I am not sure this was necessary but that was the final time it updated.  Previously my 9102R was on 9.3.0 * 1050 in the recovery screen.   Now in the normal menu it says Software version 12.5.5 * build 4174-95. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for letting us know about this!

We couldn't be happier to assist you, and we thank you for this fantastic opportunity. We are more than glad that the issue was resolved.

Also, we express our gratitude for your effort, patience, and understanding in resolving this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can look into further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jenwithonen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Man, I’m seeing all of these success stories and ours is still stuck 😞

There was one time, after Roku said they fixed it, that we really did think it was going to work. The process took longer and we saw a different update screen than usual (with some background graphics). But in the end it just crashed back into Recovery Mode and has been doing the usual failed update since.

What do other soundbars have that we don’t? Sigh.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jenwithonen,

We appreciate you for taking the time to post to the Roku Community!

We're sorry that your Roku streambar is still in recovery mode. Help is here.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps I provided above, during which you will perform a factory reset of your Roku device?

Please keep us posted about the behavior you are experiencing. We will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Melixa

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having the same issues as others above. My Roku stream bar is stuck in the recovery mode loop. I have tried what's been recommended with no results.

Version 9.3.0 * 1050

Serial number YL004L279276

Device ID 2A1094279276

Roku 9102R

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Melixa,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience you have gone through. And we express our gratitude for your effort in resolving the issue.

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll send you a private message to provide further developments about the investigation.

We're hoping for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RoseRed
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Chel at Roku,

I believe I still have the problem. I have no remote paired to Streambar, so all I can do from the Recovery Screen is hold Factory Reset button. This is still just cycling through the 'do not unplug while we update..' 10 seconds later goes back to the Recovery Screen.

Regarding your instructions for people who still have the problem.

You are telling us "If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything."

Can you confirm this is the correct solution **for someone without a Streambar remote?** Is re-setting my Roku TV going to pass along my WiFi settings to Streambar, or will it be a waste of time.

Right now I have a functioning Roku TV, and Two remotes paired to it, Zero remotes paired to my Streambar. I don't want to lose TV as well!

0 Kudos
Lily8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • My streambar started having this Recovery mode loop problem a week or two ago.   My remote disconnected/unpaired with the unit, leaving me with 2 remotes for my Roku tv and no remote for the streambar.  Today I was able to connect/pair my Samsung TV Smart remote with the streambar, so I was hopeful that the recovery mode loop problem was fixed.  Big NOPE.  After at least 10 times of going through the steps of choosing the language, entering my Wi-Fi password. The update would progress to between 94 and 98% before saying not to turn off while updates were installing etc etc. Then it would return to the choose language screen again.   Streambar is still stuck.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.