Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conure

Roku Soundbar not connecting to new wifi /previously paired remote

Jump to solution

Hello! Recently changed our wifi router/modem. I have a Roku soundbar that started having a red light on it sometime last week and would make crackle sounds for loud noises in shows I was watching. I unplugged the soundbar and replugged it, went to check on the Roku app to see if it needed an update and I completely forgot to switch the wifi to our new one. I took the Roku remote and for some reason it no longer works. I tried replacing the batteries and repairing it but I can’t connect to be able to go to the settings and add the new WiFi. Now it’s flashing a yellow light due to no network connection. Any tips on how I can get my remote reconnected to be able to update the software and see if I can fix the crackling issue ? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar not connecting to new wifi /previously paired remote

Jump to solution

Hi, @Conure!

Welcome, and thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern regarding your Roku Soundbar audio and remote problem. Rest assured that we're here to get you back on streaming. 

Since you are having trouble pairing your Roku remote, let's know first what Roku remote you have. 

All Roku voice remotes have a voice button located near the purple directional pad. The button has either a microphone or a magnifying glass icon.

You have a Roku voice remote if your remote has a voice button. If it does not, you have a Roku player's remote. See the picture below: 

image.png

Pairing your Roku Soundbar to your Roku remote should be restarted first to enter it into pairing mode. Try the steps below: 

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

Once you see the Home screen, follow the steps in the next section to put your voice remote into pairing mode and complete the pairing process with your streaming device.

1. If your Roku Voice Remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. 
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode. 

image.png

Note: If your remote does not have a pairing button, use the steps in the next section instead.

If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

image.png

After pairing your remote, try fixing the audio quality issue of your Roku soundbar by manually updating the software. Just navigate to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now. Then reboot your Roku Soundbar by pressing and releasing the Reset button on the back. 

For more information on pairing the remote, visit this support article: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

Learn more troubleshooting steps here to fix the audio playback issue with your wireless soundbar.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman 

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar not connecting to new wifi /previously paired remote

Jump to solution

Hi, @Conure!

Welcome, and thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern regarding your Roku Soundbar audio and remote problem. Rest assured that we're here to get you back on streaming. 

Since you are having trouble pairing your Roku remote, let's know first what Roku remote you have. 

All Roku voice remotes have a voice button located near the purple directional pad. The button has either a microphone or a magnifying glass icon.

You have a Roku voice remote if your remote has a voice button. If it does not, you have a Roku player's remote. See the picture below: 

image.png

Pairing your Roku Soundbar to your Roku remote should be restarted first to enter it into pairing mode. Try the steps below: 

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

Once you see the Home screen, follow the steps in the next section to put your voice remote into pairing mode and complete the pairing process with your streaming device.

1. If your Roku Voice Remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. 
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode. 

image.png

Note: If your remote does not have a pairing button, use the steps in the next section instead.

If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Home and Back buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

image.png

After pairing your remote, try fixing the audio quality issue of your Roku soundbar by manually updating the software. Just navigate to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now. Then reboot your Roku Soundbar by pressing and releasing the Reset button on the back. 

For more information on pairing the remote, visit this support article: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

Learn more troubleshooting steps here to fix the audio playback issue with your wireless soundbar.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman 

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.