Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brumbaug
Channel Surfer

Ultra Voice Remote Stops Working

My Ultra remote keeps unpairing. I keep repairing and it’ll work for one session to get to what I want to watch, but after several minutes, when I try to use it again, it won’t work. I can use my phone remote so I think it’s the remote. I’ve tried system restarts for the Roku, but can’t keep it connected.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ultra Voice Remote Stops Working

Hello! @Brumbaug,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your contacting us regarding the pairing issue with your Roku Voice remote. We are happy to assist you.

• Have you paired the remote successfully before?
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? If YES, when did the problem start?
  • How long have you been using this remote?
  • How far is your Roku device from your remote?

We have troubleshooting articles for both simple and voice remote issues:

Here's a YouTube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8

If you've followed these steps and continue to experience problems, please search the Roku Community forums for similar issues. If no solution is found, please keep us posted, and we will continue to assist you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brumbaug
Channel Surfer

I have tried all of the suggestions and now it’s not even pairing. Previously, I was able to pair it for a short period of time, then lose connection. Now, the remote won’t even light up when I press the pair button.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Brumbaug,

Thank you for the update,

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Does the issue occur on a different Roku with the same remote?
  • When did the issue start?
  • How long have you been using this remote?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brumbaug
Channel Surfer

Model - 4802x - Roku Ultra

Serial - x01000PNGJRS

Device ID - S0DA222NGJRS

Software - 13.1.4 build 1510-C2

The issue started about 7 days ago. We’ve had this Roku for over 2 years with this remote.

I Can’t get the Tracker ID because the remote stops working!

It won’t pair to another Roku now to try it.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Brumbaug,

Thank you for the information,

You can use the Roku mobile app to find the Tracker ID so we can conduct further investigation. Please check your inbox. We have sent you a private message to request additional information.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brumbaug
Channel Surfer

ID RS-323-186

0 Kudos
Brumbaug
Channel Surfer

Hello, I am checking in on this issue. My remote is no longer working and it’s very frustrating. It’s been over a week since the last response.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brumbaug, Apologies for the delayed reply.

Thank you for this information. Rest assured, we'll pass it along to the right team at Roku for review. In the meantime, we really appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on this.

If there's anything else we can assist you with or if you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.