Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

The USB C connector on the RCB1r - model with no headphone jack- can you get audio from the USB port

Jump to solution

I have a Roku ultra and ONN 32 inch TV. 
The Roku Ultra gives me Bluetooth sound to my Bluetooth headphones and earphones.

The ONN 32 inch TV only appears to give me Bluetooth sound to speakers.

I am mainly using the RCB1r Remote, which does not have a headphone jack. I also have the latest updated official Roku app on my iPhone.
People have noted they miss the headphone jack on their old remotes.

I have not tried this, so I am wondering if you have tried this:

Plug USB C Enabled headphones into the RCB1r USB C jack and configure the mobile app in way similar to the old remote with the headphone jack built-in.

My question is:  Will you get sound out of the USB jack On the  RCB1r (Remote Pro II) using a properly configured official Roku app on your phone?

Please Let me know if you’ve tried this and your level of success. 
FranklinJ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The USB C connector on the RCB1r - model with no headphone jack- can you get audio from the USB

Jump to solution

Hi, @FranklinJ, Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

That's a great question about the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition. Please be advised that the USB Type C port for this remote is specifically designed for charging only.

You can still enjoy private listening by connecting your headphones or Bluetooth headphones directly to your phone using the Roku mobile app. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your understanding and for continuing to be a part of our community! 💜

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The USB C connector on the RCB1r - model with no headphone jack- can you get audio from the USB

Jump to solution

Hi, @FranklinJ, Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

That's a great question about the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition. Please be advised that the USB Type C port for this remote is specifically designed for charging only.

You can still enjoy private listening by connecting your headphones or Bluetooth headphones directly to your phone using the Roku mobile app. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your understanding and for continuing to be a part of our community! 💜

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.