Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catbear
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ stuck in ROKU bouncing startup Does not show up on app

Jump to solution
MBR Roku Express 4K+
Master bedroom
serial # #X016007YF97
Purchased 5/5/2022

This device will not advance beyond the bouncing ROKU logo. It also does not show up on the list of ROKU devices we have on the app. This worked fine when first purchased but not been used in a few months and now is not working. I have tried (multiple times) rebooting, unplugging, resetting. No matter what I do nothing helps. I would like a replacement but nowhere on the website how to apply for it. This was purchased from Amazon about 5 months age. Can anyone advise me what to do.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ stuck in ROKU bouncing startup Does not show up on app

Jump to solution

@catbear

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen? As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@catbear

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku logo screen? As a last resort, if you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device is getting past the bouncing logo screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
catbear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is plugged into a wall outlet and I did try a factory reset. The last resort you suggested did work! Thank you so much I was getting VERY frustrated.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@catbear

Thank you for letting us know about this. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we're happy to hear that the issue is already resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Have a great day! 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SeanMac44
Reel Rookie

Roku bouncing letters on screen. Cannot reset or do anything

Jump to solution

Roku stopped working an only has bouncing letters on the screen. I am unable to reset after server attempts. I tried unplugging and plugging back in, using different HDMI ports but still does not work. 

this is only a few months old and I bought off Amazon. Not sure what else to do at this point. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku bouncing letters on screen. Cannot reset or do anything

Jump to solution

@SeanMac44 

Generally, the two steps to try when the bouncing Roku issue occurs...

1. Try using the included power adapter and plug directly into wall outlet rather than the TV USB port for power.

2. Try replacing the power adapter and power cable. (Any cell phone charger adapter 5volt, 1amp should work.  For most streaming players, a micro USB charging cable will work).

-----

If the above does not work and your device is under one year old, consider replacing it through warranty replacement. https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

[Edited to add]... Users have reported success with contacting Amazon for direct replacement as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SeanMac44

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying the troubleshooting steps I provided in the post above to see if you are able to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
catbear
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please check on my reply to Danny regarding his  last resort suggestion as that worked for me when I had the same problem.  Good luck 

0 Kudos
SeanMac44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I tried the recommended solutions and still could not get it to work. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SeanMac44,

Thanks for following up.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following the steps provided by @RokuDanny-R, please provide your Roku device's serial/Device ID number of your Roku device.

For more information about how How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® device | Official Roku Support visits our Support page.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos