Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z-bob
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 3800x now always powers up in Recovery mode (light Purple Screen)

Jump to solution

I just did a software update and it did something but not much. "Aligned solar panels" and updated the Spectrum app. 😂  But now it's at version 11.5 instead of 12.0, so I suspect it will work.  I haven't powered it down in several days because that's what triggers the Recovery.  I'll unplug it and see what happens...

Update: it still goes to the Recovery screen and reboots every time I power it on, but it no longer requires me to select a language and wifi network and enter the wifi password.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@z-bob

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

To clarify, even after the update the issue still occurs. We can see that you were in recent contact with our Support team. Let us know if you need additional assistance from the support and we can follow up with them to help you further.  As they would be best able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DCarbajal You have a 3800RW though, & not the 3800x, correct?

@z-bob Interesting the "update" took you backwards to v 11.5 then, what build did it end up at, 6040?  

I'm not the online & shipping guru (I haven't purchased online in over a decade, or shipped out in several years), still looking to ship this back, I was hoping an update may fix in the meantime, not holding my breath! 

Oh yeah interesting thing, I had lost my internet possibly before powering up, I had to keep it on & go back until the internet was restored for fear I may brick it, though I don't think it was receiving any update data anyway.   Think I'm still at Build 4184.

0 Kudos
DCarbajal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Bismarck318 that is correct.

0 Kudos
pdxdoughnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Like so many others, I have a 3800x that always goes into Recovery Mode.  I guess Roku is claiming that our devices are all suddenly defective after their own update was applied.  I don't see anywhere that I could request my replacement.  Will they secretly contact me if I post here?
image.png

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pdxdoughnut

Thanks for reaching out. 

We are here to help. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall and seeing if there's any difference after. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting this Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect and pass the recovery mode?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
pdxdoughnut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you.  I had already tried those troubleshooting options with no success.  

HOWEVER, last night when I turned it on, it received a new update and I have had now issues since. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pdxdoughnut,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now. Happy Streaming!

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community and please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DiaperAndy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Seems to me that there was some glitch with the update since that's where everybody's problems started. Maybe Roku can send everyone a fix.

0 Kudos
DiaperAndy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see that someone else received a new update and it fixed their problem. Please send me the new update.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.